34

"Papa, what are you doing?" Bucky smiled at me as I padded over to him. We were staying in a spare room in T'challa's palace until Shuri was finished assessing the scans of my brain. Once she'd done that, she could get the words out of my head.

"I'm filling out a report on my last mission." Bucky replied "Why, what's wrong Kiddo?"

"I'm bored." I mumbled, looking down at the ground "I read all of my books on the plane, and I already looked up everything on Wakanda, and I even tried just sitting quietly." Bucky shook his head in amusement and ruffled my hair as he turned to face me.

"Well you can sit here," he said as he picked me up and set me on his lap "until I'm done working. After that, it'll be time for you to go to bed."

"But I'm not tired." I complained as I leaned against him. Bucky chuckled softly and wrapped one arm around my waist to hold me steady while he used his free hand to type out his report.

"I never said you were." Bucky countered "But I am, and if I'm going to sleep, then you're going to sleep." I giggled and he kissed the top of my head before closing his laptop and continuing to hold me close to him. "You know I love you, right Doll?" he asked softly.

"Yes Sir." I said quietly "I love you too. Even if you do make me go to sleep at an unreasonably early hour." Bucky laughed and stood before carrying me over to the bed. He carefully set me down and tucked me under the covers before face planting on the other side of me. "Are you dead?" I asked playfully.

"Yes." he mumbled.

"If you're dead, does that mean I don't have a bedtime?"

"Absolutely not." Bucky exclaimed, bolting upright and tickling me. I squealed and tried to wriggle out of his grasp. He eventually stopped, but continued to hold me in a hug. "I love you Doll."

"I love you too Papa."

AN!! Just a filler until I can figure out where I want the story to go, thanks for being patient!