Chapter Twenty Four~Janitors Closet

Alexander's POV

Its been a few since days since we had rushed to the hospital for my mom. She was released from it only a day after. Everything here was going okay for the most part. Aside the fact that Dylan was still refusing to go back to his house and make up with his mom. He had swore to me that he'd go and talk to her as soon as there was a chance. That's what we were arguing in my room about at the moment.

"But Dylan, you promised-"

"I don't care Alex. Unless she comes and apologizes first then no, we shall not be all happy go lucky with each other again. End of conversation."

He states matter-of-factly, dismissing my statement and attempting to conclude this controversy. But there was no way I was about to give up that easily.

"Dylan c'mon."

I crawl up to where he was sitting on my bed, wrapping my legs around his torso from behind and intertwining our hands. He sighs, leaning his head back onto me. The strained expression decorating his face gave away just how conflicted he was about the situation. I despised seeing him like this.

"I love you and I'm trying to help."

He smiles dismally at my words and whispers back a hushed 'I know'. I gently press my lips to the bare tender skin on his neck, letting them linger there for a few seconds before pulling away and resting my cheek on top of his head. The room had morphed into a comfortable silence for a few passing seconds, till I decided to break it.

"If you don't go fix things with her now, you'll regret it later."

I voice out quietly, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. He remains silent at what I declare and continues to stare off in front of him. I was, thankfully, a patient person and waited till he opened his mouth and spoke again.

"If. . .if your parents had separated who would you choose to go with?"

He randomly asks me. I raise a brow at the question, wondering what this had to do with anything but answering never the less.

"Um probably my mom so I could make sure she's okay and everything. Why?"

"No reason."

A yawn escapes my lips after he says that, prompting me to glance at the clock on the wall. I turn my head and read the circle contraption, widening my eyes as it displayed the time of ten forty-six. Holy shit it's late and we have school tomorrow.

"Alright, we should head to bed. Only if you swear you'll talk to her sometime this week, okay?"

Dylan looks back at me and rolls his eyes, holding out his pinky in which I respond to with a smile.

"Fine, I promise."

I unbind my legs from around him and hold out my pinky, linking mine with his. He grins as I seal our deal with a short kiss before unhooking our fingers. We both climb up towards the top of the bed, resting our heads on separate pillows and turning toward each other. I was the first to close my eyes, not before flipping the light switch and voicing out a quiet 'goodnight' to Dylan.

"I'm not tired though."

"Well I am so take your ass to sleep."

He scoffs at my command, scampering away from me and looking toward the ceiling with his arms crossed. I inwardly roll my eyes at the stunt and grip onto Dylan's wrist, forcefully tugging him back toward my body. He gives a protested groan but I dismiss it, pulling him into my chest and wrapping both my arms around his waist. I could fall asleep in this position any time a day.