Chapter Five: Amamiko

I did not want to get up that morning. I didn't even want to move. After yesterday's events, I ended up passing out in Seishirou's grasp once again. When I woke up, I was back at home in my flat, with two added house guests. Elijah ended up staying over for medical treatment, and the Brynhildr...Kuina, was it? I barely remembered her. All I really remembered was Missy, the little girl I swore to protect, until she transformed into a grown woman before my eyes. I didn't know what her story was, and I didn't really care, to be honest. All I wanted to do was sleep.

I was curled up under the covers, the events of the day prior replaying in my head on a loop over and over again. I had always been told I was powerful, but I never understood how powerful I really was until after that day. The temper tantrum I threw in the kitchen a few days ago didn't even come close to the power I unleashed. I tore that huge metal building to pieces. I might as well have summoned a tornado. I was seconds away from ripping those two Kamui to shreds until they flew off.

And it was all because of my anger. I was so terrified and enraged at what was going on around me that I couldn't control it. My fury erupted like a volcano, and that was the result. Now I understood what Seishirou told me that day. If I didn't learn to control my emotions...I would destroy everything I cared about.

As I laid over on my side, huddled in darkness beneath the comforter, I heard the door creak open. Seishirou spoke. "You can't hide under there all day, you know."

"Why can't I?" I huffed. "You saw what I did yesterday. I'm better off if I stay here." I heard him groan. "Yuki, you're being childish. You've gotta come out eventually. What happened back then wasn't your fault. Your instincts reacted the way they were supposed to. You felt that you were in danger, and you acted. It was a clear case of self-defense. You will learn to control your abilities one day, trust me. Now will you please come out? You at least need to eat something. If you don't, I'm going to have to pick you up and carry you out, and then I'll have to force-feed you. You don't want that, do you?"

I didn't doubt that. I'd seen what he was capable of. This man broke me without ever raising his hand to me. He quelled my uncontrollable rage with a single word. I respected the Kamui, and I was grateful to him for protecting me, but in reality...I was afraid of him.

I finally decided to crawl out of bed, change into clean clothes, and head down into the kitchen for some breakfast. I hadn't eaten anything since the day before, and I was starving.

My stomach growled at the scent of cooking bacon and eggs.

My flat looked like a family house during holiday. Seishirou, Kosagi, Elijah, and Kuina- all four of them were milling around, going about their business as though they owned the place. Where was I going to find room for all these people? Someone was going to have to sleep on the floor, and it wasn't about to be me.

Kosagi approached me and gleaned over me with concern. "Sister- I mean Yuki, are you feeling alright? You don't look so well." I rubbed sleep from my baggy eyes. "I'm tired..."

When Seishirou finished the cooking, all five of us gathered around the table for a proper English breakfast- eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, baked beans, and some nasty hard black stuff called black pudding that I never ate because it was disgusting. I picked at my eggs and nibbled at the bacon. My stomach might have been screaming for food, but my brain didn't quite feel like functioning after my psychic outburst.

"How are you feeling, Takanashi?" Kuina asked. "Like hell," I muttered. "And please, call me Yuki. Who...who are you, anyway?" She smiled weakly. "Hmm, guess I should have waited until you were coherent to introduce myself. I'm Kuina, and I am a B-Class Brynhildr."