The Funeral: Pt. 2

While I'm walking inside the church, I hear people whispering all kind of stuff.
'It's quite the rowdy church now, isn't it?', Darryl said.
I nod. I'm not in the mood to talk right now. He's smart enough to understand that.
Or.. is he? I have no clue. Why am I thinking about this when I'm at my moms funeral. This feels so weird. I know this day would come, It's just- I didn't expect it to be this fast..

We make it to the front of the church. It's my time to walk to my mothers coffin.
'I don't think I can do this again, Brian', I said.
'Yes. You can', he said. 'We've done it before. Together. I believe in you, Aliyah'.
I think to myself. I need to do this. I have to. But my legs are just not cooperating. I'm lost.
Not a second later I feel someone hugging me.
'It's your last time', Alicia said. 'Do it'.
'I'll walk with you', Darryl said.
Brian stops him by smacking his arm on his chest.
'ah!', Darryl yelled. 'Dude, that hurt!'.
Brian laughed.
'Aliyah, you need to do this yourself', Brian said.
'I know', I answered.
I walk up the litter stairs to the coffin. I see her. She looks so.. weird. It's because of the injuries. I know that. It's just.. different. It's sad to see her like this on her funeral. I did chose her favorite outfit. I'm glad I could do that for her. Even though she has no idea I did.
I put a bracelet I once made when I was little in her coffin. I turn around and wink at Brian. He has a bracelet too.
He walks up to me and places the bracelet in the coffin. I see a tear falling on my moms dress.
'Hey!', I said. 'I cleaned that'.
I smile.
'I'm sorry, miss', he smiled.
I turn around. Mister Riverson winks at me. He's sitting on the first row. He said he will speak today. He asked me if I wanted too as well. I declined. I'm not the person to do that. I won't keep myself together, I know that. I am glad he will, though. Darryl sits next to me.
'I lost my sister and my aunt from a car accident too, you know?', he said. 'I understand you. I can help you'.
Alicia walks up to us. She heard that I can see it on her face.
'She doesn't need your help. You know?', she replied while pushing herself between Darryl and I.
'Alicia, why do you always-'
'Because you won't fucking-'
'Shut up!', Brian yelled.
'I'm sorry.. Aliyah', Alicia said.
I smile at her.
She hugs me.
...again,
...as usual.

Time passes and everyone has told their best stories about my mother. Those were the worst hours of my life. I hated it. Yet loved it. I'm glad my mom got the funeral she deserved. I'm really quiet today. I'm never really quiet. Except when i'm bored but, who cares really. I really want to go home now. The extreme, overly dramatic compassion will come in 3.. 2.. 1..