Chapter Seven: Shenanigans

I watch as Tom and Harrison run ahead of Emily and I and fling themselves on the display beds in Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I sigh and glance at her.

Emily is shaking her head next to me. "How old are they?" She laughs sarcastically as an employee walks over to the boys to scold them.

"Five," I muse, Emily looks at me in amusement. I smile at her before we lean together and look at the long list of things that Tom and I needed for the new place. It hadn't taken us very long to sign the papers and get the keys for the place. My family was excited, and that meant packing all of my things and trying to get everything in place at the same time. Today was a day of making sure we had everything else we needed to stage the "perfect home" not only for our friends and family, but the press too.

"So, is he paying for everything or...." Emily asks, voice trailing.

"Well," I nod at her to follow me into the bedding section. "You know my mom. Even after I told her not to say anything to my family she goes and tells my aunt, who tells my grandma, who tells my aunt on my dad's side." I give Emily a sideways glance, "Now my whole family knows that I got married. I've been getting Facebook messages, text messages, and phone calls about it and over the past few days I have been receiving cards and letters-"

"All with a little bit of cash since you didn't have a shower?"

"Yup, so Tom paid for a lot of the bulkier stuff, I helped with what I had left of my school funds and what we got in the mail." I walk away from my cart and stare up at the different colored comforters, "Now we are here."

"Am I allowed to ask about all the choices of furniture? Like the king-sized bed?" Emily wiggles her eyebrows at me making me chuckle.

"Well, Tom and I had originally just planned to buy the two beds for the upstairs, that was until his family decided that they were all coming when they bring a majority of his things."

"Oh, shit. They don't know either do they?"

"Nope, we kept it to the people we talked about in the beginning, so they are coming down in a week and are bringing Tessa. They plan to stay for the week, help us unpack, and then they are heading north to see the sights. I don't know if any of his brothers will stay with us while their parents go up north or if they all will go up too. It's going to be interesting." I sigh, stretching my arms over my head.

"I mean," Emily moves to the other side of me, pulling a light and dark blue comforter from the shelf for us to look at. "He did meet your parents and passed with flying colors, meet your close group of friends and basically got accepted into the group without a problem. Why would you be nervous about this?"

"Easy," I take the comforter in my hands and place it in the cart. I look over at Tom and Haz who are laughing while looking at sheets a few rows away, "It's been awhile since I've had to meet a significant other's parents, and I'm a little nerve wracked by it." Emily puts her head on my shoulder, looking up at me in a way I know is her way of telling me I'll be fine. I sigh and pull her into a side hug. "I don't know, Em. You know what I'm feeling, right?" She nods and squeezes me. I let out an annoyed groan and let her go, only to be grabbed by someone else causing me to squeak.

"That was definitely not the noise I thought you would make, darling." Tom coos in my ear causing me to roll my eyes and place my hand on top of his.

"Are you two done playing so we can go back to our shopping?" I inquire, raising an eyebrow even though I know he can't see it.

He groans behind me and places his forehead to my shoulder. "You're no fuuuuuuuuuun."

I giggle and squeeze his hands. "Poor baby," I hum. Tom's lips brush my shoulder that isn't covered by my shirt causing the heat to rise in my cheeks.