Keith X Reader {Love You Like I Can}

Keith X Female!Reader
Love You Like I Can
Modern AU
Song: Like I Can by Sam Smith

Keith's POV
  I sat with Shiro and Adam. We were in a coffee shop since mine and Shiro's apartment had the shittiest WiFi ever, so Adam and Shiro were doing some work on there computers while I just tagged along.

"Babe. Did you see that Lance has a girlfriend now." Adam said, not looking up from his computer screen. I stirred my coffee with a spoon, I didn't know why I did since I drank my coffee black, but I was bored.

"No I didn't. Who is She this time?" Shiro asked, looking over at his boyfriend.

"She's that short girl with the h/l, h/c hair and the e/c eyes. I think her name is Y/N." Adam said. My eyes widened. I looked up at Adam.

"Wait. Lance is dating Y/N!?" I asked, panicking a bit.

"I think so yeah. Hunk told me they were dating and I saw them holding hands the other day." Adam said. My heart shattered. I had the biggest crush on Y/N and I have for years.

"Keith? You ok buddy?" Shiro asked.

"I'm uh fine. Yep I'm fine." I said, chugging my coffee.

"Ooh. I see. Someone has a crush on Y/N, but she's dating Lance." Adam said. I put my cup down and huffed.

"Why would she date him? All he's gonna do is break her heart like he did to Allura and Romelle. Ugh." I said, staring at my now empty coffee cup.

"You really do like her, huh?" Shiro asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I do I guess. I have for a while." I said. The waiter came over and refilled my coffee.

"Thanks." I mumbled. He nodded and left the table. I put my head on the table and huffed.

"Don't worry about it, Keith. Once they break up you can be there for her and then ask her out." Adam said.

"No Adam. It's not that easy. What if she's the one for him. What if they both fall madly in love and get married! Ugh." I said.

"Ok you're overthinking this." Shiro said. I huffed and got up, chugging my second cup of coffee.

"I'm going home." I said, putting the cup down.

"Want me to drive you home?" Shiro asked, shutting his computer screen.

"No. I'll walk." I said, grabbing my backpack. I exited the coffee shop and huffed, beginning to walk down the street. I put my headphones on and listened to My Chemical Romance to drown out my thoughts.

I arrived back at our apartment complex. I looked across the street to see Y/N and Lance. They held hands and giggled, walking down the street. My fists clenched but I took a deep breath, going inside the building. I was too angry to take the elevator, so I ran up the stairs. I made it to the 5th floor and went down the hall to our apartment. I unlocked the door with my key then went inside. I threw my backpack on the couch and took off my shoes. I went into my room and flopped on the bed, sighing.

•The Next Day•
"Keith. Look we know you're still sad about Y/N, but this party will be so much fun!!" Adam said, sitting on the end of my bed.