Lena Devereaux

[METAMORPHOSIS]
New Orleans: Lena Devereaux

❝ Is it too ironic to dress up as a witch for Halloween? ❞

Is it too ironic to dress up as a witch for Halloween? 

♡ ♡ ♡

[METAMORPHOSIS]
LENA DEVEREAUX

NAME: Lena Aurora Devereaux
BIRTHDAY: 14th August 1996
PARENTS: Clara Devereaux
(mother), Camille Devereaux
(maternal grandmother),
Zachary Monroe (step father)
SIBLINGS: Rosa Devereaux,
Jonah Monroe (half brother),
Elijah Monroe (half brother)
HOMETOWN: New Orleans,
Louisiana, USA
CURRENT LOCATION: The
French Quarter, New Orleans,
Louisiana, USA
OCCUPATION: Bartender
LOVE INTERESTS: Simon
Minter
SPECIES:     Witch

♡ ♡ ♡

[METAMORPHOSIS]
BACKSTORY

FAMILY

Lena Aurora Devereaux is the youngest daughter born to Clara Devereaux. Her mother fell pregnant after embarking in a short, illicit affair with a married businessman in the Winter of 1995. The relationship ended abruptly when the businessman's wife discovered their adulterous romance and demanded that the couple relocate to save their marriage. Clara refused to disclose the identity of Lena's father and she was therefore given her mother's surname - Devereaux.

From the age of six, Lena was lead to believe that her mother had died as a result of her involvement with Gabriel Belmonte. She and her sister, Rosa Devereaux, were then raised by their maternal grandmother - Camille Devereaux. However, the young witch later discovered that her mother was still alive and living in the Appalachian Mountains; Clara abandoned her family in The French Quarter to marry alpha wolf, Zachary Monroe. The couple went on to have twin sons, Jonah and Elijah Monroe.

At the age of eighteen, Lena's grandmother passed away due to natural causes and left the naive witch under the guidance of older sister, Rosa. As a result of Camille's death, the Devereaux sisters inherited a lineage of grimoires from the Devereaux bloodline and the witchcraft store - Ascension - which had been handed down through the generations of the family.

SCHOOL LIFE

At the age of thirteen, Lena was enrolled in Madame Labelle's Academy for Supernatural Arts, where her grandmother was Head of Ancestral Magic. The youngest of the Devereaux sisters mastered the foundation stage of magic, Traditional Magic, after just three months at The Academy. She went on to excel in Connective Magic, Ancestral Magic, Spirit Magic and Kemiya during her five years at The Academy. Lena Devereaux graduated from Madame Labelle's Academy for Supernatural Arts on her eighteenth birthday with full honours in all five areas of magic.

Being from the infamous Devereaux bloodline, Lena was extremely popular amongst the students at The Academy and was often surrounded by a large group of friends. During her time at The Academy, she has been voted many things by her peers - such as Harvest Queen at the Harvest Eve celebration in her fourth and fifth years, Winter Queen at the Winter Solstice celebration in her fifth year and Summer Queen at the Summer Solstice celebration in her fifth year. Lena also placed first in the Miss Magic Pageant, which was hosted by The Belmonte family, at the institute.

Whilst in her fourth year at The Academy, Lena became acquainted with Cato Acosta, a warlock who had originated from a traveller bloodline. The two had an immediate connection and their friendship blossomed when Cato promised to teach Lena how to use Traveller Magic - a taboo subculture of magic within The Academy. The pair managed to keep their illicit magic lessons secret for six months, until Madame Coventry caught them practising in the archives room late at night. Cato was expelled from The Academy whereas Lena was granted leniency due to her grandmother's position within the institution and her exceptional abilities.

AFTER GRADUATION

After graduating from Madame Labelle's Academy of Supernatural Arts, Lena found herself working shifts as a waitress at an expensive restaurant in The Quarter. In a matter of months, the young Devereaux witch had gone from washing pots and pans in the kitchen to becoming the wine specialist - and eventually working as the front of house. Lena welcomed guests, escorted them to their tables and organised reservations for future customers. Then, on her days off, she worked in the family witchcraft store - alongside her sister, Rosa.

At the age of twenty one, Lena decided that she was in need of a career change. She quit her job at the restaurant and applied for a job as a bartender in one of the busiest bars on Bourbon Street. With a little help from her magical abilities and a lot of help from her flirting abilities, Lena excelled in the trial shift and was hired on the spot. She has worked in the bar ever since.

RELATIONSHIPS

At the age of fifteen, Lena had her first serious relationship with fellow student at Madame Labelle's Academy of Supernatural Arts, Nicholas Hawthorne. This was her first intimate relationship and Nicholas was her first of many things. However, a year into their relationship Lena discovered that Nicholas had been messing around with several other girls at The Academy behind her back - including her good friend, Violet Moon, and her cousin, Evelyn Devereaux.

Lena Devereaux also had several intimate rendezvous with her then friend, Cato Acosta. The pair had an electric chemistry which only amplified during the secret nights they spent with one another in the archive room of The Academy when practising Traveller Magic. Their affair was cut short upon their discovery by Madame Coventry and Cato's expulsion. As gratitude for keeping her place at The Academy, Lena was instructed to relinquish all contact with Cato by her grandmother.

Several months after turning nineteen, the youngest of the Devereaux sisters found herself caught up in a whirlwind romance with Gabriel Belmonte's vampire right-hand-man, Bruno Dominguez. Lena was completely and utterly infatuated with Bruno, and the two had planned to elope to New York with one another. However, their relationship was short-lived. Upon learning of Bruno's plans of betrayal, Gabriel brutally ripped out his heart in front of Lena, killing him instantly.

After Bruno's traumatic death, Lena spent several years embarking on one night stands with the men she met in the bar that she currently works at. She found herself inviting an array of men into her bed - local business men, tourists visiting the city for Spring Break, any and every supernatural creatures that spring to mind. She had her fair share of fun with no strings attached.

Lena's current love interest is car mechanic, Simon Minter. The two first were acquainted when Simon first relocated to New Orleans, and ended up drowning his sorrows over his recent break up with his ex-fiance - Madeleine McNamara - at the bar in which she works. After a series of life or death situations, intimate conversations and drunken nights, Lena and Simon finally accepted and admitted their inevitable feelings for one another.