Chapter 3

After Caroline and Victoria got back from the merchandise stand, the first Practice was over. When Caroline saw Daniel standing next to his car, she smiled "What do you think?" Turning around, Daniel smirked wide. "Wow. A real Red Bull girl." He replied. Caroline smiled "Even better. A real Honey Badger fan. Every piece of the merch I wear has number 3 on it and I even arranged a deal with Renault to give me some Renault merch for next year." Daniel hugged Caroline, lifting her up "I love it." Hugging him back, Caroline chuckled "Well, I am glad. Is it okay, I will check out where my dad is at?" She asked him. Nodding, Daniel put her down "Sure. You should spend time with him. See you at lunch?" Pulling her hair into a ponytail, Caroline smiled "Deal."

Walking to the Channel 4 area, she walked into David. "Hey, where is my dad?" Caroline asked him. David looked at her from his notes. "He has an interview with Max at the moment but he will be back for lunch." David explained. Nodding, Caroline smiled weakly "Well, I will be at the Red Bull hospitality for lunch. Daniel invited me." She told him "I am going back there to drink something with Victoria." David looked at her. "You know he does his best to make you happy, right?" He asked Caroline. "Yes, I know but he knows how I feel." Caroline told him before walking away. 

On her way back to the hospitality, thoughts ran through her mind. Caroline knew David was right. Her dad was doing his best to make her happy. To have the close bond again, they used to have. Tears appeared in the corners of her eyes, eventually streaming down her face. Feeling arms wrapped around her frame, Caroline pushed them away at first but then she heard who it was. "Hey, easy.. What's going on?" He spoke. Looking up, Caroline stared into the dark hues of Daniel. "What happened?" He asked worried "I.. I.." She started to speak but started to cry again "Hey, I will take you to my driver's cabin, okay?" Lifting her up in bridal style, Daniel took Caroline to his cabin and put her on the couch. Filling a glass with water, he gave it to her. "What happened?" He sat next to her, letting her tell him the whole story "It wasn't that bad at first but it was the comment, David made before I left.. I know my dad and me haven't been so close lately and I really want to change it but I just don't know how."  Carolinw admitted. Taking her in his arms again, he tried to calm her down "It's not your fault. And hey, you will find a way eventually. You are growing up as well. It's not an easy time for you now." Daniel smiled "It'll be fine."