Bloody Mary

Chapter 5: Bloody Mary

After adding a french beard to his chin, I proceeded to apply some curls to his head that was covered by a hat. Michael Jackson style. The curls escaped his hat in the self portrait. With the red sharpie, I added loads of hearts in the background and some blush to Gabe's cheeks in the image.

Gabe was going to kill me if he figured out it was me.

We never got along well for some reason.

I put the portrait back where it belonged. Then, I unzipped Piper's bag and took out a plastic plate along with the glass cage full of fainted chocolate covered grasshoppers. Good thing the grasshoppers were still passed out or . . . dead, maybe. I emptied the glass cage making the grasshoppers fall onto the plastic plate. Searching around for a bit, I was unable to find a proper location to put the plate. At the end, the plate full of small insect dessert sat on Gabe's disorganized bed.

Opening the bag again, I pulled out a huge container of Vaseline. I looked around and saw two doors attached to the room.

One of them revealed a walk in closet; definitely not something I was looking for. The other one was the right one: bathroom.

I was extremely surprised at how clean it was; spotless, which was disturbing. I always expected mens' bathrooms to look like trash. Shaking my head, I went to the sink where a plastic container held two toothbrushes. One of them was definitely Gabe's whereas the other one was most probably his roommate's. I didn't have time for "eenie meenie miny mo." Grabbing both toothbrushes, I put vaseline on them.

I worked as fast as I possibly could. The final product was a toilet seat and water taps covered with Vaseline. I didn't dare put any Vaseline around the bathtub. If he slipped near or around there, he could get a really serious injury.

No need to get sued.

I finished the last touches of Vaseline, and then, grabbed tartar sauce and dipped the toothbrushes in there.

His poor roommate.

Suddenly, another thought came to my mind. I fiddled around with Piper's bag and looked for any make up supplies. Piper was obsessed with make up. Sure enough, there was a partially melted, blood red lipstick on the bottom. I used it to write three words on the bathroom mirror: Happy Valentine's Day.

Now, it's actually happy.

After finishing in the bathroom, I went back into the room and pulled out the last thing. Rotten eggs in a zip lock bag. I looked around the room. There was a window that I could escape through. Quickly, I applied some Vaseline to the doorknob. Gabe would have a hard time getting out after he comes inside. I opened up the bag of rotten eggs and placed it in a spot where Gabe would most definitely step in when he enters his room. The repugnant odor of the eggs nearly killed me. I got away from it as much as possible.

My iPhone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out saw one new message from Piper.

Piper: Gabe's coming. Get out fast! Jenna's with him!

Jenna?

I didn't waste my time thinking about Jenna. Quickly, I shoved the sharpies, the Vaseline container, and the bright red lipstick in Piper's bag. I looked out of the window, and saw that the dark clouds had made an appearance. I could even hear the wind. Technically, it was the sound of the tree branches rubbing against one another from the wind, but I still called it wind noises. I needed to get out before the rain.

I fixed my hat and proceeded to put on my shades properly. They had been pulled up, so I could see better. I rubbed the corner of my eye because it was itchy and felt something soft slide out.