The Day I Dread

Nathan got us checked into our room, while Dad stood with his arm around me like a proud father. My nephews sat with their earphones in, while Lance was still trying to yell at them for their lack of interest, and probably their lack of respect. Stephanie is here without Jr., of course, but she's standing in his proxy. He's one month away from coming home finally, and yes, he did get stationed in Ft. Knox, we couldn't be happier.

After we were checked in, Blair brought me an adorable dress to wear tonight. I was just going to wear a plain one I picked up in Louisville, but she had other plans. It was white with an empire waist, and had a tiny black bow on top of my big baby bump. She even brought a pair of flats for me to wear.

"You look like an angel." Nathan said, just before he kissed me.

Thankfully, this dress is perfect for the meet and greet, then my planned dress will work for tomorrow during the big event.

Greg didn't come to the last meet and greet, so I'm confident I won't have to worry until tomorrow.

Stephanie and I sat behind a table checking people in and handing out name tags. I was thankful for that, when I saw the man himself with his blonde fiancé walk in. I'm covered by the table, so hopefully, he won't be able to tell. Nathan isn't with me, but with Dad and Lance. Melody and Blair are greeting people as they arrive. I can't believe he came. Dammit.

Stephanie grabs my knee and squeezes when she sees them, and then jumped into action, so I didn't have to greet them or stand up.

He looks as cold as stone until his eyes land on mine. They softened, and he smiled. I looked away and didn't acknowledge his presence.

"Your girlfriend got fat." I heard the girl say, and I grabbed Stephanie's leg and warned her not to react.

"Shut up." Greg snapped at her.

"What? I'm just saying Mr. Stark must be taking good care of her."

She knows I can hear her.

Bitch.

"Mr. Masterson, I would advise you to control your bitch's mouth!" I pulled on Stephanie. "What? She's a bitch, Izzy! You've done nothing to them."

"She's right, you are being a bitch. Go find your dad, and I'll meet you in there later."

"Greg! No, I'm not going anywhere until you're away from both these little witches." She said.

He glared at her.

"Bella, I'd like a moment." He said, and I shook my head.

"You had your moment. Now if you would please move along, there is a line behind you." I said.

"I'll have my moment alone with you sometime this weekend Bella." They moved along, and I could still hear her yelling at him as they walked away.

We finished greeting everyone, and as soon as Nathan saw Greg, he was at my side.

"I sat the whole time," I informed him and he nodded.

"His fiancé is a bitch. She stood there calling Izzy fat." Stephanie spits out. I see a catfight in her future.

Nathan put his hand on my belly. "You're beautiful, Doc. I told your dad you may be getting tired, and to give everyone our regrets. I shook hands with everyone, except Greg, so we can go to the room and order dinner, and retire for the night."

"Thank you, sounds perfect."

"Let's sneak you out of here." Stephanie smiled, and she acted like she was guarding my enormous belly.

I didn't sleep well, even though Nathan held me tight. Seeing Greg just upset me, and did nothing to help my frantic nerves. Nathan said Dad was cold toward Greg, and the same with the rest of my bruting brothers.

I miss him so damn bad. Yeah, he did me wrong, but our baby is a constant reminder of what we should be sharing.

Our day started early. We have a photoshoot, press conference, and then the formal event tonight. Blair hired professionals for the three of us, and while I'm getting ready, Nathan is helping Dad and Lance with Dad's speech.

Nathan and I ran early for breakfast, and I could pretty much eat the entire buffet alone. Nathan says it's cute, but doesn't appreciate my midnight cravings as much, which is currently peanut butter and celery. I know it's strange, but the baby loves it.

He ran out last night to a grocery store to get it, along with the crushed ice I've craved since the beginning.

My whole family joined us before the photos and meeting the press. Today is the day the whole world will think Nathan Stark is going to be a father. His family knows the arrangement, along with with the people that matter, but little Stark is coming if we like it or not.

I'm almost sick over this day and what's waiting for me, but nothing stops my appetite. Poor Nathan has filled my plate twice already.

"Before we go in there, I want to thank you, Nathan, for taking such good care of my baby girl. I'm partially responsible for what has happened to her..."

"Dad, you're not. I knew Greg before you introduced us, and we were intimate before, in London." I said.

I can't let him live with that guilt.

"What?" He said, but he doesn't seem that surprised.

"We didn't put two and two together until the Governor's ball, but we already knew one another, so this isn't your fault. " Everyone looked at me like I had two heads, except Blair, who already knew. Jr. didn't even tell Stephanie.

"I'm sorry Dad, but I can't let you feel responsible." I said.

He took a deep breath. "I guess that man had more secrets than I knew.I should have known when he told me his intentions."

"It's okay, Daddy. I got into this on my own." He hugged me, then went back to his seat.

"You're a good man, Nathan Stark. It's too bad you two won't commit."

Yeah, he still doesn't know about the sex Nathan gets out of the deal, and I'd like to keep it that way. Dad doesn't need to know his little girl is almost a sex addict. Not really, but very sexually awake and easily aroused!

The thought gave me chills, I'm such a slut.

I rolled my eyes, as Nathan sat there with a smirk on his face. He knows what I'm thinking, so of course I blush.

The press was worse than I thought, and Nathan became the focus when I walked out obviously pregnant.

"Mr. Stark, when is the wedding?"

We don't have to answer everything.

"Mr. Stark, when is the baby due?"

"In May, thank you." He answered that one.

"Are you planning to relocate to Kentucky?"

"I love Kentucky, and it's a great state, but I'll only be here till after the baby is born." He answers one more.

"Will there be any movies made in Kentucky?"

"I would presume someday, yes."

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"We decided to wait until birth to find out. Do you have any questions for the Governor? You're running out of time." He said.

He redirected the press.

"Yes, we do, but I wanted to congratulate you and your beautiful girlfriend."

"Thank you." He said, and made it through without telling one single lie.

Stephanie, Blair, and I were finally released to get ready after lunch.

It was relaxing having our nails, toes, hair, and makeup done. Not that anything would help my nerves. Greg and his family know by now, not to mention Grace.

Here we go...