Ch 3

"Alex, what the..." my voice trailed off as I stumbled back a little. He stopped and turned to me.
"Y/N, I can explain—" he started.
"No," I shook my head. "Don't bother." I sped out of the toilets and stormed to my desk, whacking the picture frame of Alex off with a smash.

"L/N, what's the problem?" boss asked with a sly smirk, a certain tone in his voice.
"I'm fed up of this job and everyone who works here!" I yelled. "I resign!" And I stomped out, slamming the door behind me.

-

"Roi?" I asked tapping the sleeping man's shoulder.
"Hm?" he awoke and looked at me with a confused yet happy gaze.
"There's a place, where you could get a job. There were no places left, but one finally came free today. I'll pay for everything," I said all in one breath. He grinned.
"Thank you so much," he exclaimed, standing up. "Do I need to go through an interview?"
"Yes," I replied. "I'll sign you up in a few weeks. Time for you to get ready. Wanna come to my place and uh... live there until you can afford a place?"

I knew it was risky, but I took the chance.

-

We walked home, and he held my hand, worried of being attacked. I was a little taken aback, but I went with it. We arrived at my house and let go to unlock the door. I stepped in, leaving the door ajar behind me for Roi.

"Hey, Roi, you coming in?" I peeked my head round the door to see him standing in front of the house, open-mouthed, looking at every detail there was.

"I haven't been in a house for years... this is a lot to take in," he said softly. "I'll come in now." He shut the door behind him once in and smiled.

"I'm ready to temporarily live with you."