f o u r

After another two hours, the clock in Donna's room struck eight and signified it was officially time to get ready and leave her room. Her hair wasn't exactly as messy as it would have been if she had actually slept, but still not as perfect as she would like. With a small sigh, she crawled off of the bed and grabbed the small, blue suitcase she had packed. Basically ripping open the zip, she moved to the vanity in the corner of the room. The reflection in the mirror portrayed a young girl completely different to the one she felt she truly was. The knotted waves of her deep brown hair suggested she had simply not slept well, not that she had spent multiple hours wishing that she hadn't sent him away. The creases on her pajama top suggested that she had spent her night twisting and turning, not that the person she craved had clung to her like his life depended on it for only a few minutes. The faint purple circles round her eyes - that somehow seemed too dark and so light simultaneously - portrayed nothing more than a sleep deprived child. That she was. But, no matter how much she wanted to deny it, she was also touch-starved, anxious and hoping for dear life she wouldn't have to face Draco today.

The brush tore through the knots that had formed in the roots of her hair, Donna winced in pain as the strands were pulled apart. In some ways, she was glad - the infrequent pain temporarily distracted her brain from the images of that beautifully messy silver hair. The brush fell back onto the wood of the table, and she began to plait the now wavy mass of hair. She stared into the mirror, and a pair of grey eyes seemed to stare back.

He was taunting her, haunting her every waking moment and forbidding her to sleep. 

When they were young, he was all she wanted. A overpowering obsession grew further into a soul every time they met eyes. She didn't care for her future, or Hogwarts, or even magic in general - her mind was focused purely on him. Now she was older, she had managed to detach herself from him mostly. The increasing difficulty of her studies had given her a reason to distance herself from him, spending most of her time in the library instead  of the common room where she could risk running into him. However much she tried though, every time their eyes met, or they brushes shoulders in an overly crowded corridor, her heart fluttered a little. And this morning, well she might  as well as been 10 again, drooling over the possibilities of 'true love'!

It was Draco though. Only Draco and his dumb, mischievous ways that could only ever lead to him having a million girls falling at his feet. And he loved it too.

The elastic band snapped around the end of the french braid and she took the bag of makeup out of her suitcase. Opting for a shade of brown eyeshadow  and a nude lip, she bronzed her cheeks lightly - attempting to disguise the fact that she had stayed inside the majority of the summer, dreaming of a day where she might be able to own a muggle instrument such as a guitar. Her mind was drifting to all four corners of the world when it hit her. She would have to face Draco again. She would have to face Blaise today. Today was the day of Malfoy's big farewell party. And to put the cherry on the cake, she was going dress shopping with Malfoy.

Knowing Narcissa as well as she did, Donna knew that she would want to get her and Draco out the house as soon as she could, and that meant as soon as she finished breakfast she would be shipped off to Diagon Alley - they would never be allowed to go to a muggle store anyway. This realisation also meant that Donna would have to hurry up. If she wanted her breakfast to still be warm, she would have to be down in the dining room by 9am, and considering it was already 8:40, she was gonna struggle. Suddenly digging violently in her bag, she searched for the simple outfit she had packed for today. As she had not expected to stay past lunchtime, it was only a simple black skater skirt and an off the shoulder, floral printed top. It didn't look bad, but it definitely wasn't what she would usually wear to visit such a place as Diagon Alley, especially on one of the busiest days of the year for them. Within another few minutes, she had slipped on her simple grey pumps and was ready to leave her room.