CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: Man With A Plan

ERALD

MADELAINE'S PHOTO was pinned at the center of our corkboard. She was, after all, the one who masterminded the fall of the student council president and vice president. And she couldn't have done such betrayal without help from her rogue allies.

Enter Torry's photo that I placed side by side with hers. Kahit na sinabi na noon ng K-OS Club na "fun" lamang ang habol nila, hindi ako basta-basta nagpauto. I suspected that they would be hatching a grand scheme that might change the course of Clark High's history. And that happened.

"According to the latest post ng Clark Clarion sa Facebook, tanging sina Madelaine Castell at Reign Imperial pa lamang ang nakapag-file ng certificate of candidacy," Charlotte shared, scrolling on her phone. "Mukhang wala ng ibang magtatangkang humabol."

"There are promising candidates before, right?" Clyde recalled. "But they got involved in some controversies."

Tila may bumbilyang umilaw sa ulo ko. Madali kong hinalughog ang file rack namin kung saan naka-store ang mga material na ginamit dito sa clubroom.

"Hey, anong hinahanap mo?" tanong ni Charlotte.

Hinila ko ang isang folder at sinilip ang laman nito. "Remember a few weeks ago? When we investigated the mole in the Clarion leaking confidential information to the Clark High Confessions?"

Napakamot sa kanyang ulo ang club president namin. "Sorry, I have recollection of such."

Oo nga pala. Na-reset ang memory niya kaya hindi na niya maalala.

"Noong kasagsagan ng isyu, may ipinakalat na tsismis ang Clark High Confessions tungkol sa iilang estudyante," paliwanag ko. "Some of those students are leader material, and people said that they might run for the student council next year."

"I understand, but why are they relevant now?"

"They got involved in rumors, just like Agnes and Bruce, and their image became beyond repair," sagot ko sabay bunot ng tatlong larawan mula sa folder. Isa-isa kong i-pin-in ang mga ito sa corkboard. "Para sa mga may balak humabol sa student council, parang nabunutan na sila ng tinik sa lalamunan dahil eliminated na ang mga posibleng banta sa kanilang candidacy."

"You are saying that that issue and this snap elections are connected?" Clyde pointed out.

I nodded. "I already suspected that my sister, who dreamt of becoming the president, was behind those mudslinging campaigns. Ang akala ko nga, maaga na siyang naghahanda para sa elections next year. Little did I know that a snap election would happen a few weeks later!"

Sumimangot si Charlotte. "I still can't believe the picture that you are trying to paint on your sister. Mukha kasing hindi niya magagawa 'yon."

"Looks can be deceiving, ika nga nila," tugon ko. "Hindi porke't formal attire ang isang tao, malabo nang makagawa siya ng panloloko. That person might be trying to put up a cover so no one will immediately suspect him of any scheme. The same can be said about my sister. She planned this from the beginning and allied herself with the K-OS Club."

"But everything that you said is just speculation," Clyde countered. "In the eyes of someone, posibleng isipin nila na sinisiraan mo lang ang ate mo dahil hindi naging maganda ang relasyon n'yo bilang magkapatid."

"That's why I want to request that we formally launch an investigation on the possible connivance between Madelaine Castell and the K-OS Club," I said, turning to our club president who has the power to decide. I was not a fan of following protocols, but this time, let me be different. "We delayed my sister from taking over the throne. Right now, she's only one step away from the coveted seat and only Reign stands in the way."