Murphy's Law

Chapter 5

Waking up in the morning I was still laying on the cot with the blanket rapped tightly around me. Monty came in to check on Jasper giving us the news that someone found Wells dead. A knife wound to the neck and missing a couple of fingers. The news seemed to make everyone sad, I felt bad for the fact that he was dead but I honestly did not know him and never talked to him.

Clarke came up to where we were and asked Monty if he needed another wrist band. Monty took it off as gently as he could. It was interesting to see him work.

"Yes I did it. It's still operational." Monty said taking off the wrist band.

Clarke nodded her head with a smile at him as she rubbed her wrist. She stood as Monty turned back to the wall working with the wires he had out. Clarke walked out with Finn talking to each other about punishing Clarke's mother. Most of the conversations they had still confused me.

"Not if I can't patch threw to the dropship mainframe." Monty muttered looking at the wires before turning to look at them again with a confident, "I can do it."

"We'll be talking to the Ark by nightfall."

With that Clarke and Finn turned to walk away. I continued to watch as Monty worked asking him questions about what he was doing. I realized I had no idea about anything he was doing. I decided to give him some space as to not distract him. So far my only friends here were Monty and Octavia. I walked to the ramp leading out of the dropship stopping by the curtain to look at the camp.

As I walked out I saw my brother unzip his pants and begin to pee on a man who was down on his knees. As the man stood up I made my way over shoving Murphy back. The surprise of what happened caused him to stumble unsteady.

"What is your problem?" I asked Murphy as I turned to look the other boy over.

Murphy seemed to be taken by surprise by this and turned to the rest of the camp and shouted, "Get back to work!"

"Are you alright?" I asked the guy behind me. He nodded as he looked at me and walked away to finish his work. I rolled my eyes and walked back to the ramp. I decided I did not like being out in this camp. I knew I could take down anyone who tried to mess with me here but I did not feel as though I belonged here.

Octavia walked up to me with a smile from somewhere in the camp, "Wanna go for a walk?"

She did not wait for a reply as she grabbed my hand pulling me up to the top level of the dropship. She then grabbed Jasper and began to pull him a long as well. We walked to the edge of the camp where the wall is. I stayed behind Jasper, did they realize I could run when ever?

"Just a few steps, okay?" Octavia said as Jasper stood firm behind the gate. She grabbed his hand and pulled him out a step, "One foot in front of the other."

She took a few more steps away as I stood next to Jasper waiting for anything that could possibly happen. My mind immediately thought to Lincoln, could he be watching?

"Hey, what's wrong?" Octavia asked bringing me from my thoughts.

"Hmm? Oh, Nothing. I'm good." Jasper said as he looked around the woods in front of him.

"Don't worry Jasper, anyone out here I can take." I said with a smile as I nudged his arm lightly.

As Octavia began to walk away talking someone from the bushes grabbed her pulling her in with a scream.

"Octavia!" Jasper shouted.

With that I ran to the bush and tackled whoever it was, "Chon yu bilaik? Chil yo daun!"