26 · knox

Chapter 26 | Harry's P.O.V.

"Don't wait up for me tonight, I'm going to KNOX," I tell Lou. And then I turn to Jordan, my glare hardening and my lips curling into a smirk. "I hope Alex is working tonight."

I slam the door behind me and make my way to my car.

Fuck.

***

The entire drive to KNOX was a blur. Thinking back at it now, I probably shouldn't have been driving. The only thing coursing through my mind was the look on Lou's face; I could practically feel the pain in his eyes. I was only trying to hurt Jordan, but I know very well that my words got to Lou too. I wonder how he doesn't hate me yet.

I lazily pull into a parking spot - or, more like two parking spots - and hurry out of my car and into the club. I need to get Louis out of my mind.

As as I step inside, the deafening silence of the night turns into blaring music, temporarily drowning out my thoughts. I scan the bar, groaning when I don't see Alex behind the counter. That's just fantastic.

Instead of sulking and drowning in a pit of guilt like I would prefer to do, I make my way towards another bartender. She's short and curvy, her blonde hair hitting right above her collar bone. She'll do.

"How mad will your boss be if you do a shot with me?" I ask, sitting on the stool in front of her.

She smiles, letting out a soft laugh. "I don't date boys."

Fantastic. I'd be pissed, but that's honestly my luck today. "That's hot."

"Stop harassing my coworkers," a voice says from behind me. Now he decides to show up.

I focus my attention back on the girl who's still standing in front of me. "I need a drink."

Before she can reply, Alex cuts her off. "No, he doesn't."

She looks back and forth between us, acknowledgment slowly taking over her confused expression. "Right... Well, I'll leave you guys to it."

"I need a drink," I repeat, my words directed at Alex this time.

"Nice try, bud" he laughs. Though, I don't see any humour in this situation.

I squint, rolling my eyes at him. "Don't 'bud' me."

"What should I call you, then?" he retorts.

"Daddy, Sir, Master... Take your pick."

His eyes darken, though he answers without skipping a beat. "Sorry Sir, no drinks for you."

I roll my eyes as he smirks smugly. "Whatever. When does your shift end?"

He lets out a laugh, shaking his head. "When the club closes. Go home Haz, you look tired."

"I don't want to go home," I counter. "Please?" I can hear myself starting to sound desperate, but I don't care. I can't stand the thought of Lou and Jordan alone, I need a distraction.

"You're impossible," Alex huffs, stepping around the counter. "I'll go talk to my boss. Where did you park?"

"Just out back," I smirk.

He walks away, shaking his head.

***

Within minutes, we're in Alex's flat, under his sheets. Less than an hour later, I'm back in my car, alone. An hour after that, I'm knocking on his door again.

"Back so soon?" he questions arrogantly.

Any other day I would come up with a sly response, but I'm not in the mood. "I don't want to be alone," I state emotionlessly. The less time I spend alone, the less I drown in my thoughts. I'm not used to feelings, I don't like them. And I don't like that Louis makes me feel. In fact, I hate it. And I hate him for it. But I could never truly hate him, a voice in the back of my head reminds me. And it's that voice that I'm trying to avoid.

I step into his apartment and immediately press my lips against his, barely waiting for the door to shut behind me. The kiss is rushed, holding nothing but urgency. I place my hands around his waist, pulling him closer.

"Fuck me," he breathes, his hands already unzipping my jeans.

It doesn't take long for me to comply, and minutes later, I'm on top of him, inside of him. He feels the same, the marks I leave on his body and the scratches he leaves on mine look the same, he tastes and smells the same; he's the same. But something feels different. And I can't shake the feeling.

A/N: ooh wrong couple but it's still light smut.... because i've been a bitch and this chapter was short i'm posting another one sometime this weekend xx