August 15- The Most Memorable Day!!

Days passed like lashing waves...August has reached with all its shades. The trees were golden revealing the enchanting nature...

       School was going good, beautiful at it's best! We eventually got adjusted to the rules and regulation here. We were divided into four groups or houses so the team spirit rises..There were 4 houses mainly-Ganga, Yamuna, Krishna and Cauvery ( Named after rivers) I belonged to the Krishna house. We were indeed geared up for the independence day competitions... After school i stayed back with my friend Deepanjali(my deejambali!!) who was also a part of our krishna house coir group! We were busy searching for our team mates who were our seniors. Finally we got hold of them. Our team had great singers! I met my old senior from my previous school who was also a part of the coir team. Here comes the twist! Our team consisted of four girls and just two boys!!! And that two were our seniors- Akshay who was our sports minister ( My tom! We fight daily!) and Vaishnav who was our house captain. Athira, Archana, Akshay( kunju), Vaishnav,

Deepanjali and myself completed the group! We shook hands with each other and were deciding on list of songs to mix and make our fusion for tomorrows patriotic song competition. Now there came a cat fight!  Our seniors were fighting with each other for their likes! I and deeju were totally confused!! Both of us looked at each other with a blank smile not knowing what was happening!By whose side should we stand!! The fight got even interesting when it became a 1 on 1 fight between our sweet archana and the minister!!! Lol! I was enjoying! Finally our house teacher stepped into the scene. "What are you guys fighting for??? Have u decided your fusion?? Have u practised it??" Questions came like a train! But all we could answer was"No ma'am not yet!"."What??" she said! " R U kidding me?, Its already time to leave and tomorrow is the competition don't you guys know that?" She thundered on us. We stood there with our eyes caressing the floor..."Do whatever you want but i want all of you as a team tomorrow" she banged the door and left. Time passed by..nobody was ready to sacrifice upon the other. Suddenly the door opened.. "Now take these papers and exchange your numbers" a familiar voice entered our ears. Yes it was the same house teacher Sindhu miss. "call each other and decide by the end of the day"she continued "Busses are about to come, be outside on time" she banged the door once again. All of them started exchanging numbers even me. I reached out to kunju for him to pen down his number. To my surprise he said " I don't exchange my number with girls!". "Huh??" I couldn't resist myself! He repeated the same again...i was shocked internally as boys always eagerly wait to exchange numbers especially with the girls!! But he was different..different in all aspects...which made me adore him just for the way he was! In a short while we left school. I reached home and quickly headed for a bath. At around 7:30 at night the landline rang with all the sound. I picked up the phone and i was left with my mouth wide open! Yes,it was kunju! "How the hell did he get my number?" I whispered to my inner soul! I regained my consciousness and spoke to him. He rang me up to inform me about the sequence of the songs.. Soon we hung up. I practised it all night and was ready for tomorrow but we had to sing together at least once to match up with each other. The next day morning was the very first rehearsal. All the six of us went up to the language lab to practise...Omg! What a combination was it! We blended with each other soo well... And our fun began the very next moment! We laughed screamed and of course practised! Finally the flag hoisting was happening just outside and we actually knew nothing which was happening outside!! In those moments I realised what friendship was all about! And how it feels to be with such wonderful seniors!!! <3 :* Later our performance was about to be staged...the strain and stage fear was eating all of us up...yet we stuck together and lol! Guess what happened we bagged the first prize with an outstanding! We were on cloud nine when the results were declared and yes, team work is what it can be defined as! We were a team we are a team and we will always be a team…!!!

That was our moment, the moment we lived up to the fullest, the most memorable part!!! ;-) :')