Chapter 13: Decisions

*A couple of days later*

Danielle's POV:

I was shaken awake by Judah. Looks like he didn't get far. He grabbed my hand and kissed me. I couldn't help but kiss back, I did like him. I couldn't stay mad at him forever. Judah stopped kissing me and was snatched around by Marcus.

"Judah, you do realize that you hurt her right?" Judah pulled back his right arm and then thrust it forward, smashing it into Marc's nose. Marc stumbled backwards and Judah repeated the process until Marcus was lying on the ground unconscious. I screamed and was begging Judah to stop the whole time it was happening. I cried and cried and cried.

"Danielle!" It was Shelby. "I could hear you from outside are you okay?" I rubbed my head realizing it was a dream. My eyes were wet with tears and my throat hurt. "Yea. Why didn't anyone else come?" She sat down on Cody's old bed, down by my feet. "Well my mom went to the grocery store and told Marc to come with her. I think they needed to talk. But me and Blake were just sitting outside. It's only about 7 o'clock. Cody and Lexi's wedding is in three days!"

I smiled. I was so happy for them, what made it awesome, also, was that it was also my youth pastor and his wife's anniversary from a year ago in three days. "I know!" "Cody and Lexi are coming by here in a couple of hours if you want to meet them?" I was so excited. For one of the first times in my life everything was going great. I was away from my parents and on my own.

I hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. I got out and with the towel wrapped around me walked to the room I was staying in. I put on a black tank top with a black and white cutoff shirt that said LA, and some jean shorts. I blew my hair dry and went into the living room to find Shelby and Blake watching tv. I sat down on a chair and watched with them.

We heard someone come in the front door and then they walked into the living room with us. It was Cody, and Alexys Martinez. They hugged Shelby and then shook hands with Blake. I sat awkwardly on the couch and watched everyone speak to each other. I was in their home and I didn't want to be a bother. Shelby called me over. "Cody, Lexi, this is my friend from Panama City Beach, Danielle."

Cody raised one eyebrow. "You look really familiar. Oh I know I follow you on Instagram. You have me on everything that I know of. Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, Twitter. You always blow up my feed." He laughed but I only blushed. "No don't worry I get it a lot. I can't even go out in public anymore, ask Lexi." Lexi laughed. "It's hard. That's why we usually stay at home and go to church. We don't really do anything else."

"Well don't worry. I like all of you equally. That probably freaks you out but it's true. Lexi, you're Vine about girls on hikes. Yea. But I also won't try to freak out too bad about being in the same room as you guys." Shelby turned to me. "Yea she says that but she likes me the best." Everyone laughed.

Marcus and Mrs. Holly came into the room carrying grocery bags that they put down on the counter. Marc hugged Cody and Lexi. He then turned to me and hugged me. "Oh, I get it." Cody said grinning and pointing towards both Marcus and I. "No!" We both said together. Shelby rolled her eyes and nodded her head at Cody. Marc walked over and acted like he was hugging Shelby, only to lick her on her cheek and then try to dart away. Shelby swung her hand but missed. Marc grabbed me by my hand and led me outside to the backyard swing.

We sat down and realizing it was Wednesday I asked if they went to church tonight. At my church I always did. I missed my church a lot, but I felt at home at Life Church. Marc responded, "Yea we go and do a short bible study. You could join Shelby's girl group." "Sure that would be cool." We sat in silence for a few minutes and I was exhausted. I rested my head on Marc's shoulders. I held on to his arm and closed my eyes.

"Marc, how'd you meet Judah?" He put his hand on my head and ran his fingers through my hair. "Soccer camp a few years ago in Tallahassee. I'm not very good at soccer and I was in an older league than him but he was still better. I play Ultimate Frisbee." "Do you have a soccer ball?" Marc smiled down at me. "Yea in the garage. I should ask my dad if we can take the boat out and go tubing in the bayou. I'll be right back."

Marc hopped up and ran inside. I stood up and went out on the end of the dock. I watched as little fish swam by. I was in paradise. I did miss Judah but I wanted so badly to be here with Marcus. I decided to just forget about everything and sing. "So I will call upon Your name. And keep my eyes above the waves. When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace. For I am Yours-" "And You are mine." Marc finished from behind me.

"Woah." Was all I managed to get out. Marcus took a step closer and pulled me close to him. "I will wait for you, Danielle. I won't let anyone hurt you." I stepped back and breathed heavily. I had a flashback to when I was in the hospital after my car wreck. When Judah was telling me he wouldn't let anyone hurt me. Yet he did. He was the one who hurt me, right? No. Not right. I hurt him and I had to at least get things right before I started hanging with Marcus.

"Marc what would you think about me moving down here and getting a part time job for the summer?" "I-I would love that. I mean if you feel like it's what God's wanting you to do. Yea." I smiled and hugged him and he hugged me back. "Danielle I don't know how many times I have to stress about me being sorry. Ugh. I don't know why I would do that." "Marc, I forgive you. It's Judah who might not." I had my mind made up right there. "Please drive me back to Panama City to fix everything?" He intertwined his fingers with mine and grinned. "Okay."

We went to church that night and around 10:30 I got a call from my mom. "Hello?" My mom was quick to respond and had a lot to say. "Why are you still in West Palm and who are you staying with? I cannot believe you are still down there. Judah came back and told me everything." "Mom. I'm fine. I'm with a girl named Shelby at her house and I know I screwed up. Shelby's older brother is going to drive me home tomorrow morning. And I'll see you tomorrow night." Beep. The other end went silent.

I put my phone on charge. And I had a lot to think about. Do I like Judah or Marcus? Do I really want to move to West Palm beach and leave behind my whole life? I've always wanted to move away from home but now I'm not so sure. This would include leaving my church, everyone that I love, and Judah. I picked up my phone and sent Judah a text simply saying, 'Sorry.' Never in my life have I had to make a decision like this. I better make up my mind fast.