Getting Ready

Ahhh It has been some time since I last went to the beach.But walking along the open sea in this soft sand hand in hand with the love of my life, I couldn't ask for much.
     "So how have you been coping with everything at home and work?" Brett asked me.
   I told him everything is fine and work is pretty tiring but then for the only family member that you have left to feed you'd do your best.School has been okay but it's getting challenging, I complained to him.
    "Well it's life baby it gets harder to test you but hey no worries alright? I will always be here for you and Ava.It'll be okay!!"
      I smiled up at him and was reassured. Then,he leaned down to kiss me.
     "I love you and only you,baby" he whispered.
      "I love you even more..Thank you for always being there for me throughout my darkest time babe" I hugged him tight.

**

   "Heyo Zaffy!! Seen Mrs Rose?" I said cheerfully to my work mate and also my best friend.
     "Heya girl well yeah she's in the store room waiting for you to come around HAHAHA and don't be too long yeah? Need my bestie here!!!"she exclaimed.
     I gave her a thumbs up before making my way to the store room.
    After greeting her a good evening, she asked me sit down for a moment as she have something that she needs to say.
    For a moment my heart beat so fast that I thought I was going to get my anxiety attack.I was starting to breathe faster now.
     "Jackie? You alright?Hey don't worry it's not bad news..Was just trying to say have fun tomorrow and don't stress yourself too much okay? and rest yourself on Sunday cuz you have school and Monday and you won't want to skip it.."Mrs Rose was starting to get worried when I started behaving differently.
     I heaved a sigh of relief.
     "Oh thanks Mrs Rose!!You almost made my attack go off! HAHAHA but yes absolutely I will rest my self up and really, thanks so much for giving me an off day on Sunday!! it means alot to me so I could spent some time with Ava,"I told her and hugged her.

**

     After my shift which ended at 9, I took Ava shopping to get ourselves some treats and also some nice clothes for us and more importantly me for the party tomorrow.I asked Denise for any advice on clothing taste because she is way better in fashion than me that's for sure.And guess what you told me to get myself a simple looking yet something that stands out! I know it may seem pretty okay but for a girl like me who is kinda tough, I'd go for shirts and pants.But since my best friend has already convinced me that it is just one night, I decided to just go along with a dress.
       After getting ourselves some nice supper at McDonald's, we head over to Downtown Los Angeles where most shops are still open which is actually a great thing.
     After what seems like eternity, we finally had bought what we wanted.To be honest, spending money after months of hardwork actually feels very satisfying.I am just thankful that my sister isn't they type to ask for alot but instead she finds the things that she wants at an affordable price.
     "Thank you Jackie...I love you,"my sister said and I choked back a tear.
    If only mum and dad was here, they'll be proud of how far their daughters have gone. I smiled at the thought.