2

It'd been months since the youngest living Dumbledore found out that she would be attending Hogwarts and it thrilled and scared her, it thrilled her because she would be walking and studying in the same school her parents, grandfather and grandaunt and uncle did but at the time it scared her that she wouldn't have her grandfather around to assure her that everything was okay, she was anxious to begin her magical studies but was scared to make friends.

But not on August 1st, the young blonde was up and ready to leave the house early morning dressed in black pants, a grey tee, a jeans jacket and white sneakers, her hair braided in two loose braids that fell over her shoulders and she had a small enchanted leather backpack on her back, "Are you ready?" Aberforth inquired as he descended the stairs in brown and grey robes, his blue eyes fleeting a glance at the blonde who was staring outside to the beach, her amethyst eyes glazed over with emotion.

The older man knew what was wrong, he always did, especially since not many things made her sad, but the one coursing through the young girl's head right then was her parents, "Artemis." he called out again, this time snapping the blonde from her haze, "Yes grandpa." she replied turning around to face him as she reached up to clean away a stray tear, "I asked if you were ready." Aberforth said grabbing a small pouch for money. "Oh... Yes I am." Artemis answered with a slight hesitation, her shy nature coming through at the thought of having to be out in the open, with people staring at her.

"Would you rather floo powder or apparition?" Aberforth inquired once more, "I believe that floo powder would be better for arrival and apparition for departure." the blonde answered, squinting her eyes at the ceiling as she thought, the older man nodded and smiled softly at the face, remembering when his daughter-in-law used to do it, whenever she came up with something or had to recall something. "Very nicely thought Artemis, that way our home's location remains a secret." Aberforth agreed and began to make his way to the large fireplace that was opposite to the kitchen, Artemis wasting no time as she trailed behind him, taking two leaping steps while he took one normal one.

The young blonde watched as her grandfather went first, to insure that everything was alright, before following after him, grabbing a handful of black powder and stepping into the fireplace and shouting "DIAGON ALLEY!"  as she threw the powder onto the ground, instantly she was sucked into a tight tube that felt like someone was applying immense strength on her chest, thankfully soon enough her feet connected with the ground and she was able to finally breath again, she blinked twice and saw her grandfather at the bar talking to a giant that had a small boy around her age beside's him and of course she instantly felt eyes on her.

Her feet quickly carried her to her grandfather, whom's cloak she tugged making the greying man look at her, "Ahh Rubeus, I do not believe you have met Artemis, my granddaughter." the older man said quietly to the man in front of them, the taller man shook his head and said "'ve not. 'ello little lady, 'm Rubeus 'agrid." the kind smile eased slightly the bundle of nerves the young girl was feeling making her wave shyly, "Right let's get the kids away from prying eyes." Aberforth said as he grabbed his granddaughter's hand and pulled her to the back door, Hagrid and the young boy following after them.

The foursome stood in front of a brick wall, Hagrid and Aberforth closer to the brick wall than the young witch and wizard, "I'm Harry, Harry Potter." The boy said, "Artemis Dumbledore." The blonde answered, smiling shyly at the boy and shaking his out stretched hand, "First year?" Harry inquired once more making the blonde nod, the jet black haired boy seemed to get that the girl was shy and didn't want to talk because he asked no more questions, however he couldn't help but stare at her amethyst eyes, he had never met anyone with that eye colour, almost as if sensing the question rang through the young Potter's head the young blonde turned to him once more and said "Yes, my eyes are really amethyst." 

Harry Potter blushed and nodded, moving his eyes to the front just in time to see the brick wall open in half to reveal a busy street, "Welcome children to Diagon Alley." Aberforth said kindly, his blue eyes twinkling with amusement as he saw the marvel on the youngsters faces, "Brilliant..." Harry whispered at the same time Artemis breathed "Amazing..." truth be told it was the first time that either of them were in contact with magic in general, Harry because he was raised by his aunt and uncle and not knowing of magic and Artemis because she grown up using magic for very little things and rarely going to her grandfather's pub.

The foursome made their way to a tall and white marble building, a few people turning around to look at the passers and their eyes widening at the sight of the jet black haired and green eyed young boy that supported a lightning scar on his forehead and the blonde girl with amethyst eyes, murmurs and whispers starting to flow because of the two famous children.