Chapter four

I'm sprinting into the woods. The icy chill of the wind burns my face and ears. My breath can never be caught and I can see each of them as they hit the night air. My body, my mind is numb to anything except escaping the man. The man who killed them. I can still see the blood pouring out. I can still hear the blood curling scream. I run and run until I think I'm safe. Suddenly a hand covers my mouth and I scream."No! No! Please no!" But it's too late......

                                        \\\ ~~~///

  I shot up with a cold sweat streaming down my back. I attempted to calm myself down by taking deep breaths.  Pony boy wakes up from the floor below and drowsily asks "Sierra! Are you okay?"

"Oh god, I'm so sorry." I respond feeling awful for waking him up. He gets up from his place and sits on the bed.

"It was just...a nightmare. Sorta."

"What about?" He asks, sincerely worried.

"I...um...You know how i said my parents died? Well they didn't just die...they were murdered."

Pony gasps and puts his arm around me. "Oh my god." He says, stunned. "I cant...i cant even imagine....did you... see it happen?"

"um...yeah...some of it. But i escaped." I answered quietly,and started to cry. I leaned into him. He squeezed me tight.

"Jesus. I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?"

There was nothing anyone could do. Ever. Even if the murderer was caught. But I just asked him to hold me until I went back to sleep. He was happily obliged to do so, and I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

                                         \\\~~~///

  I woke up the next morning when dawn had not arrived yet. Neither me or Ponyboy had moved from the spot we had fallen asleep in the night before. It was Saturday, and a so far bright summer morning. Realising this, I thought "He doesn't have to get up, so ill just lay here awhile," even though I wasn't tired anymore.

Eventually Ponyboy woke up and yawned. He sat up in bed and so did I.

"Did you sleep okay the rest of the night?" He asks me?

"Yeah. Did you?"

"Sure did."

There was a moment of silence between us, and I broke the ice saying, " So, I'm guessing you guys will want me to leave out today?" I was strongly hoping he would say no.

"No! I mean....i would like it if you stayed." He said this with passion and I was kind of flattered.

"I want to stay to, but...I don't want to be burden."

"Look, Sierra," he said. "How could I let you leave? You just told me your parents were...well you told me what happened, you have no other place to stay, and...your a nice girl too."

I tried so hard not to blush at the last comment but I failed.

"Oh. okay. Thank you."

"Don't mention it... Hey! Why don't I show you around town today?"

"Id like that." I answered.

   I hopped out of bed and grabbed some clothes-some of my cleaner ones. Ponyboy said I could use the shower and washing machine if I wanted. I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. This was even better than the bed I go to sleep in last night. I took my time and finally finished, turning it off and grabbing a towel. I had a tube of mascara that i never wore, but brought with me, and made sure to apply it. I brushed my hair and teeth. I was prepared for the day ahead. And I had a good feeling about it too.