Chapter 11

Hyunsik gathered everyone in the family room and turned the television on.

    "What are we supposed to be watching?" Ilhoon asked in a bored expression. "Sungjae's drama is over."

    "Subie Hyung's band is gonna do a live performance." Hyunsik informed everyone. "My friend at University told me."

     "Oh." Minjoo is a bit disappointed. "Why did he not tell us? We could all go there to support him."

     "You know what, honey. Subie must have his own reasons." Eunkwang tried to cheer her up.

     "Appa! Subie is pressured because you are a great singer.  People are expecting too much from him." Sungjae answered.

     "How d'ya know that?" Eunkwang asked. He somewhat felt bad that people would do that to his sons.

     "All five of us were interviewed once. I remembered what Subie Hyung answered when asked what it is like to be Eunkwang's son." Sungjae recalled.

     Minjoo remained quiet then remembered the interview Sungjae was referring about. She remembered it all too clearly. It was when her husband was out to do promotions in Japan. She gave her sons their favorite ice cream treats when a reporter recognized Sungjae and decided to interview all five kids.

     What she could not forget were Changsub's and Peniel"s answers. Changsub felt pressured and Peniel somehow just wanted compliments from his parents. Peniel said that it would make him the happiest. She felt confused about it at first but now she understands especially after their talk a few days ago.

     "Look, Eomma! Subie Hyung is on tv." Peniel squealed.

     Minjoo could not help but smile. Sometimes even if Peniel is already seventeen, he still acts like a baby unconsciously.  She hugged him closed to her.

     "Ahhh.. he look so fat on tv." Ilhoon commented. "He should go on a diet and start taking good care of his image."

      "He is handsome as he is!" Minjoo frowned.

      "A face that only a mother could love." Hyunsik added and laughed out loud.

     "Tsk!" Eunkwang is getting annoyed. "You boys should show some respect to your hyung."

      "Sssshhh!" Sungjae shushed them since Changsub's band is about to begin.

      None of them talked as they watched the band's performance. It is really good. The crowd appreciated their performance. They cheered loudly.

     The climax of the song which Changsub is singing at a high note is almost at the end.

     Everyone held their breaths and are awed at his unique singing voice.  But then, to everyone's dismay, Changsub's voice cracked.

    Ilhoon and Hyunsik burst out laughing.

     "I knew it! I knew it!" Ilhoon bit his hand to stop himself from laughing so hard. But the sound of Changsub's cracked voice replayed in his head again and he could not stop but laugh out loud that his stomach hurt.

     "Aren't you glad that you did not go there to see him perform live?" Ilhoon said in between laughters. As soon as the words are out of his mouth, Ilhoon regretted saying it since he sees his Eomma giving him the deathly stare with her arm raised ready to give him a smack.