Part 2

Stella proverb:

The classroom brightened as my favourite teacher, Mr Edmerd, walked in with a captivating smile gracing his face.

"Good afternoon, my dear children," Mr Edmerd's distinctively deep voice filled the room with warmth and cheer.

We all greeted back with the usual same rhythm "Good Afternoon Sir...".

Then, he delved into the topic of the school outing to Aerobi. "I'm sure you've all heard about the exciting school outing that's on the horizon, haven't you?" Mr Edmerd inquired, his gaze shifting around the room. "Now, as your history teacher, I must emphasize the value of participating in this event. Stella, I have a special request for you in particular," he said, his gaze meeting mine. He was aware that I had never attended any outings before.

However, I chose to keep my inner turmoil to myself. In place of revealing my conflicting thoughts, I offered a serene smile and responded, "I hope so, Sir."

Interrupting our conversation, a voice pierced through, "May I come in?" It was none other than Mike, his face bearing the marks of recent conflict and his shirt haphazardly tucked in. He stood as if returning from a battlefield.

That guy has some serious nerve, acting like nothing happened. Interacting with others requires a lot of courage for me, yet he, who's only been at the school for two or three months, effortlessly starts a fight!

I still recall how, despite being a newcomer, he swiftly became the centre of attention. The air was abuzz with questions like, "What's his name?" and "Where's he from? He's incredibly tall and handsome!" Every girl in our school seemed captivated by his magnetic charm, leaving the boys envious of his charismatic presence.

Even Riana and I found ourselves discussing him frequently. The first time our eyes met in the classroom, it was as if an electric current surged through my body. It was then that I noticed his dark blue eyes, a spectacularly captivating feature of his charming face. Within moments, I averted my gaze, overwhelmed by a sense of unease, and never dared to look back at him. I worried he might think I was a stalker, yet I couldn't ignore the undeniable resonance my body felt in response to his bewitching gaze.

Some connection was built up within some seconds but all has gone after I saw him after two days of his joining school, fighting with a boy like a rowdy, which frightened me. I was completely shocked by his rebellious attitude which is completely hidden by his warm loving face.

"Check out his attitude!" Riana exclaimed, snapping me out of my reverie and back to reality. Her eyes remained fixated on him.

"Don't fall for his charm," I cautioned, my teeth clenched in frustration.

"Look who's talking," Riana retorted with a playful grin.

"Oh, Mikelson! please come in," Mr Edmerd welcomed him, as usual, in his familiar way, unlike others.

Mr. Edmerd was one of the humblest persons I had ever known in my life and interestingly Mike always attend his classes also listen to his lectures very respectfully. Mr. Edmerd definitely has some sort of charm to attract even a heartless person like Mike, I thought, and an unwelcome smile lingered on my lips.

As he entered the classroom, all eyes turned towards him, including mine. However, his expression left me puzzled. There was an absence of guilt, yet a hint of pain flickered in his eyes. I found myself wondering about the source of that pain. Perhaps I was overthinking things, searching for meaning where there might not be any.

In an unexpected twist, his eyes met mine for a fleeting second before he redirected his attention and settled into his seat. Surprisingly, that brief exchange managed to momentarily eclipse my earlier thoughts about his actions.

"Let's refocus, students," Mr Edmerd's words redirected our attention from Mike's presence to the lesson at hand. Despite the teacher's efforts, my mind continued to wander, preoccupied by thoughts of Mike in an inexplicable way.

As the classes concluded, Riana and I gathered our belongings and strolled out, a sense of relief washing over us. It's curious how our minds feel burdened within the school's walls and lightened once we step outside, a peculiar shift in perception.

"I'm heading to the library, so you can go ahead," I informed Riana.

"Alright, I'll see you later. Just promise me you'll do your best to convince your parents," Riana requested as she left for home. I bid her goodbye and assured her of my efforts.

Afterwards, on my way to the library, I made a quick stop at the washroom. However, I encountered a problem when I found the door locked from the inside upon attempting to open it multiple times.

"Who in the world locked the door from the inside!" I exclaimed, growing increasingly frustrated. However, a sudden wave of unease washed over me, causing me to panic and urgently start knocking on the door.

"Hello? Is someone in there? Are you alright?" I called out with increasing concern, my voice echoing through the silence of the restroom.

Just as I was preparing to knock again, the door unexpectedly swung open from the inside. To my astonishment, the person who stood before me was none other than the famous "Mike" himself!

I was taken aback, wondering if I'd entered the men's restroom by mistake, but my confusion was swiftly replaced by an unexpected turn of events. A girl, as renowned and attractive as Mike, emerged from the bathroom in a fit of fury. This girl Jennifer, her eyes red and teary, stormed out as if she had just endured intense emotional turmoil. She stormed out of the washroom, hitting the door in frustration before fleeing. The scene left me utterly speechless.

His gaze locked onto mine, his expression carrying a hint of unspoken words. Yet, before I could decipher his intentions, he abruptly disappeared from sight. In response, I cleared my throat and discreetly pinched my cheek, attempting to discern whether the encounter was a tangible reality or merely a fleeting dream.

I yearned for Riana's presence, hoping she could witness the unmasked side of her so-called "hero" Mike. Guilt gnawed at me for, ever allowing him a place in my heart.

That incident lingered in my thoughts as I struggled to concentrate in the library. Borrowing some books, I left for home, still pondering the strange mixture of emotions that Mike's presence had stirred within me.

#Thank you guys for reading this chapter.