Celeris (english version)

Celerisrubbed his still hurting belly and let his eyes wander over thebloody massacre, in which Mary had left him. He was alone again. Thiswas very interesting. It was the first time, that he had seen theGasmaskmaid in a fight. She didn't seem to be really strong, but herfighting style was still pretty nice. No one survived her attack.What a shame those guys were pitiable. Carefully Celeris searched apath through the defaced corpses with the green uniforms, whiletrying not to step into the pools of blood. He kicked one of themasks with a painted smile out of his way and truged bored the stairsdown.

Ashe was about to leave the building, a young woman suddenly steppedinto his path. Over her shirt she wore something that looked like acoat, leggings and boots and on her head a pair of black cat earsadorned her dark purple hair. But the most interesting parts whereher eyes. They were unnaturally wide opened and had something verystinging through the light gray coloring of the iris. She wasanything but beautiful.

"Goodday, young lady," Celeris wished, nodding to her and trying tomove past her, but she made no move to clear the way. Her eyesdarkened.

"Killer..."

"Who?Me?" He raised his hands innocently. "I did not touch theboys, really!"

"Nonsense,"she hissed. "Do you think I'll buy that? You are one of those.It's my duty to kill you before you hurt any more civilians. "

Thewoman pushed him back into the building. Celeris did not try toescape. So she wanted to play? All right.

"Ohh,I see! So you're one of those little green people! I really thinkthat's great of you, very heroic. But where did you leave youruniform? You would look better in it. Especially the mask, at leastthe illusion arises that you make a friendly face. "

"Ohshut up." He often heard that phrase. But it was interestingthat she did not follow the usual dress code of her organization.Obviously, she was not someone who simply subordinated herself. Wasshe perhaps stronger than she let herself be? But she hardly belongedto the top 5. Or does she? Celeris sensed a touch of curiosity.

Suddenlyshe pulled out a pistol under her coat and pointed it at him.

"Heyhey hey, what are you doing there?" Again Celeris raised hishands to signal that he was unarmed. "I am a human, just likeyou!"

"You'rea creepy!" He put a hand on his chest with mock shock.

"Nowthat hurt my feelings young Lady. Is it the hairstyle? Is this onealready out of fashion? If so you should have told me earlier."She unlocked the weapon.

"Nono no wait, I really am human, I can prove it. Here, feel my pulse!"The soldier grimaced disdainfully, but then took Celeris wristwithout lowering the gun or to move her eyes from him. Even thoughshe tried to hide it, the surprise in her eyes was obvious.

"Hm... okay," she mumbled, lowering the gun. "But what ..."Her question was interrupted by shrill cries.

„Cogitare!!" The woman closed her eyes in annoyance and took a deepbreath.

"Cogitare,where are you? Come here immediately!" Celeris was amused. Herecognized the voice immediately.

"Iguess these fellas are looking for you?" Angrily she looked athim.

"Youcan wipe your stupid grin off your face." He cleared his throat.

"Exisemy rudeness, did I hit a sore point? Who are you? "

"Number5." Bingo. He knew it. Number 5 of the strongest members ofYRXRFT32. So if Number 5 called for that woman, that Cogitare, shewould never be in the top five. She was inferior to this idiot, andthat was obviously repugnant to her. Celeris sensed a chance for somechaos in the YRXRFT32 ranking. There was not much lacking in theaggression Cogitare had to stand up to her supervisor.