The Twins' First Day Home.

Chapter 35:

Jake's POV:

I watch over Sophia as she sleeps for the remaining of the night before falling asleep myself. The next morning, both our families and our closest friends meet up with us at the hospital to bring them home. The journey home feels longer than normal, but I think that's just because I'm so fascinated by my babies. As soon as we enter the house, we're greeted by posters and banners welcoming our new, beautiful creations into the world. Sophia and I gasp, then, thank everyone for all they've done. Our families and friends have supported us so much during this time and I don't know how I'll ever repay them for it.

"Can we show our niece and nephew around their house?" James asks, gazing down at them in their pram while touching Arabella's cheek.

"Of course you can, they'd love to bond with their uncles," I allow with a smile. I take Arabella from her pram. "This is your new home, babies! Guess what? The last time you were here was when you were in your mum's belly. You both made her look so adorable and beautiful." Sophia smiles, pecks my cheek, then, taps Arabella's nose as she makes a playful face to her.

"Come on, babies, I'll show you my room, my room's the best," Zach boasts cockily with a smirk, taking Mason from his pram.

"Sit down and let me get you two a piece of 'Welcome To The World, Babies' cake," Sophia's Mum offers, going off to cut the cake.

"Oh my God, you shouldn't have gone to all this trouble just for the twins coming home, guys," Sophia frowns. "You all do too much."

"Shh, don't complain and be happy," Zoey orders.

"I am, very happy, indeed," Sophia confirms. "Thank you all, again." I kiss Sophia and sit her next to me as her mum passes out pieces of cake.

"Where's Avril?" Sophia asks Emily.

"I have no idea, she never replied to my message this morning. I was asking her if she was meeting up with us today," Emily replies.

"I hope she's okay," Sophia worries.

"She is; you're such a worrier. She's probably having a nap," I assure her, squeezing her hand tight. She nods and gives me a bright smile before finishing her piece of cake.

*That Night.*

Sophia's POV:

After saying goodnight to everyone, I stare at my phone, waiting for a reply. I texted both Avril and Liam a few times but I haven't gotten a reply. I'm so worried about them. Has something happened Avril and the baby and now they're in hospital? I sigh, why am I such a worry-guts? Stop it, Sophia, they're fine. Jake scares me by hugging me from the behind. I gasp with shock and try to catch my breath.

"Aw, I'm sorry, baby, I didn't mean to scare you," he chortles. "I see you're worrying about Avril. I think I know what'll take your mind off things, a bath!"

"I don't know, Jake, I don't want to leave the twins alone."

"They're not alone; they'll be in here with their daddy."

"I know, but I don't like leaving them."

"Oh, I see how it is; you don't trust me alone with them."

"Of course I do, baby, I just miss them. I even missed them when James and Zach took them today around the house!"

"Problem solved: I bring their bassinets into the en suite and look after them while you bath."

"You always were the smart one."

"Ha, we both know that's not the truth," Jake chuckles. He kisses my nose and lifts their bassinets into the en suite. He turns on the water and adds bath salts and bubbles to the bath. I start to feel self-conscious at the thought of undressing. My body just gave birth to two babies. My belly doesn't look bad but I'm scared he'll think I'm fat. "Is everything okay, sweetie?"