The Investigation

"Professor!" Quinn exclaimed, running up to his teacher and fellow adventurer with a exhausted yet distressed expression.

"Hm?" The other asked, turning back to his student with a puzzled expression and his eyebrows raised, waiting for Quinn to continue.

"Not to be rude or anything, but why are we even investigating this town?" Quinn asked, still curious from before as he stopped to walk alongside the professor.

"Well Quinn, we're investigating this town specifically because it is said to be cursed or haunted." Michael replied, a small smile tugging at his lips, as his walking ceased when he reached the gates of the town.

"But why do they call it cursed, Prof?" The younger one asked again, following Michael quietly to the gates which the sigh above it had said "Welcome to Monte'Tres!" ...Even the sign was a little chilling.

"Well, the myth of the town recalls that no one would ever come out of here alive, or that only creature like forms are the only ones here." The professor said, letting out an almost inaudible "hmph" sound and walking through the gates, pushing up the rim of his glasses.

"Alright..but this does sound like quite an unusual case, doesn't it?" Quinn inquired, following besides Michael and looking around the town and gasping at some of the sights occasionally.

"Yes, it does sound quite strange so far." He calmly said, the hint of a smile from before fading and a sigh replaced it as he glanced around for anything that would deem suspicious.

Right when he started exploring the place, when he looked back beside him, he noticed Quinn wasn't there, He was just with him a moment ago, but where could he have gone?

"Quinn?" Michael shouted, calling out his name as he started to run around the town looking for his assistant But he still saw no sight of him.

He could distinctly hear the words "Profess--" coming from a distance away from him as he rushed to the source, his glasses falling don to his nose as he gasped for a breath.

"Quinn.." He muttered, panting and breathing heavily as his vision faded between in and out, "I'll find you somehow, don't worry.."

Maybe this town wasn't as he thought it was...

And maybe it truly was cursed or haunted.