23 | Introductions

TO SAY ARCHER LOOKED good would be an understatement of extreme proportions.

He wasn't looking at us, instead focusing his attention on the phone in his hand. Even so, I could see how gorgeous he looked in a suit, it sculpting his figure, tightened in all the right places to draw the eye to his toned physique. And by god, was my eye drawn. I struggled to stop staring at his slightly bulging biceps and long, elegant legs.

I noticed now that his suit and my dress complimented one another, perfectly. There would be no doubt that we were together.

He finally looked up.

Blue eyes swept over Autumn, giving her a curt nod, and then, almost painfully slowly, to me. They halted completely when they did finally land on me and, like it was all he could do, his gaze travelled from my face all the way down to the shoes I'd borrowed from his sister. He stood a little straighter and gave another nod, one that I could only assume was one of approval, to Autumn. She grinned in satisfaction and graced past him.

I forced myself to maintain eye contact with Archer, despite being wildly intimidated and... turned on. Those thoughts were promptly forced into a box in the back of my mind and locked firmly. We were not journeying down that route anytime soon, or ever.

He motioned for me to go to him. I did so, hesitantly taking ahold of the arm he offered. I was several inches taller than normal, yet he still managed to tower over me. Even so, it felt as if I was the perfect height to him now, my head coming to about his neck.

We took a more private path to get to his awaiting car, managing because of this to avoid prying eyes. Bill stood by the side of it, broad and sky scraper-like as ever, but smiled slightly when he saw the pair of us.

Noah also hovered by the car, but another car was waiting not far off, so I assumed he wouldn't be riding with us. He wiggled his eyebrows when he saw me and Archer coming, my hand still secured around his arm. I imagined the boy beside me just roll his eyes.

"Take Autumn with you," he said, holding the door open for me to get in. I did so, watching in amusement as Autumn huffed exaggeratedly, but followed Noah to his car. Instead of letting him do the same as Archer had for me, Autumn opened the door herself and slumped in the passenger seat.

"Do they not like each other much?" I asked Archer, again directing my attention to the pair as I saw Autumn roll her eyes, even with only the car's interior light to illuminate her face. He didn't answer, engrossed in whatever was on his phone.

I tried once more to try conversing, but was ignored once again, so gave up. I stared out of the window as we drove, feeling my annoyance for the billionaire boy resurface.

This was going to be a long night.

***

"We'll be 'bout five minutes," I heard Bill say, the first time the silence had been broken since I'd given up with conversation.

Still with his eyes glued to his phone, Archer asked, "Favourite colour?"

Shocked, I turned away from the window and to him. "What?"

Still without looking up, he continued.
"We need to know at least something about each other. My favourite colour's red, I don't like sushi, I listen primarily to Post Malone, and I play golf."