Chapter 17: Page 17

Monday came, and Julian figured that now that Olivia and Kyle broke up, he won't be there to drive her to school "Hey Liv, uhm...why don't you hop on. We'll go together" she invited

Olivia gave her the weak smile again "No thank you. I'll be driving with Stephanie"

"Oh, ok. I'll see you there"

At school as expected, Kyle and Olivia didn't talk or interacted with each other and Julian witnessing this felt guilty. Though she's happy that they finally broke up, she doesn't like seeing Olivia in that state. Glum and lifeless.

So, she decided to cheer her up somehow. She got home first and decided to cook every dish Oliva liked. She also bought cookies and cream ice cream and chocolate cake.

She heard the door open and Olivia walked inside the house. She saw the feast on the table "Hey, your home. Look I made you all you favourite" she saw Julian wearing an apron "I also bought you your favourite ice cream and cake"

Again, Olivia just answered her with the weak smile "I'm sorry but I'm really not that hungry" she replied and went up to her room.

Julian was left there confused again.

That night after finishing her work, Julian went down to grab some water when she noticed Olivia doing her homework. She looked struggling to she approached her.

"Hey, do you need help with that?" she offered

Olivia turned and closed her books "Uhm... no thank you. I can handle it" she said as she packed her things up.

"Are you sure?" Julian asked

"Yeah, yeah. Goodnight" said Olivia and went upstairs again.

The next day, Julian noticed that Olivia haven't gone down yet so, she decided to go check in her room. She knocked first but there was no answer so, she opened it.

But to her surprise, Olivia wasn't there, and her bed was fixed. So, she thought she might have gone to school early.

And she was right. She saw her with her friends in the hallway. She wanted to approach her but when Olivia saw her, she walked off.

These scenarios kept on going for a week

And the next

And the next

And the next

Julian at this point couldn't take it anymore so, she wanted to sort things out with Olivia ones and for all. So, when she got home she saw Olivia in the living room, she approached her, but the girl tried to walk away but Julian stopped her

"Can we talk?" Julian asked holding Olivia's wrist

"Julian let go of me. There's nothing to talk about" Olivia replied trying to escape Julian's grip

"W-why are you ignoring me?" Julian asked. She already knows why the other girl is ignoring her. But she wanted to hear it coming from her.

"I-I'm not ignoring you" Olivia said innocently

"Olivia cut the bullshit. I know you're ignoring me because you're blaming me for your break-up and I'm sorry!"

"Ju—"

Julian cut her off "I can't take this anymore. I can't take seeing you like this anymore. So, I decided to go. You can get back with Kyle if that's what make you happy. I... All I wanted is for you to be happy. So, this is the only thing I know" she paused "I'm really sorry" she said and went out the door leaving Olivia in shock.

That night Olivia didn't hear Julian come home. When she woke up, she went downstairs and saw no Julian in sight or the usual food on the table.

So, she figured she might still be asleep. And with that she went to school. But to her surprise, there's still no Julian. It was never Julian's style to bunk lessons.

When she got home, the apartment was silent like no one was there. She went upstairs to Julian's room. She knocked first but there was no answer.

So, she went in and saw no one. She checked the bathrooms, the library everywhere in the house but no Julian.

She's currently in Julian's room and as she was about to leave she dropped a book. She picked it up and saw something sticking out. She opened it in page 17 and saw a picture of two girls smiling.

She recognises them. It was her and Julian when they were kids. This was the day before Julian and her family moved. They were playing in the park then they had a picnic just the two of them.

She turned the picture and saw something written on it.

'August 25, 2008

Today's my last day with my favourite person. Tomorrow, we're going far away, and I don't know if I'll ever see you again. But I'll make sure we will, or you might kick me again (Olivia smiled but a tear left her eyes)

I really don't like to leave but I have to.

But before I go, I'd like to tell you something I've been keeping from you. I know you don't like me keeping secrets from you but, this one I don't know how to tell you.

Ever since I saw you, I felt this strange feeling inside me like butterflies. I asked my dad and he told me that it's love. So, at first, I thought of course I love you. You're my best friend, but then I felt like it was more than that.

So, Livy I really, really love you. And I hope you love me too

-Julian