Living in LA

Charli POV

The next day, Maddox moved us into the apartment he had bought before coming here. It was really nice, and I marveled for a long time at the Jacuzzi bathtub and the king-sized bed. 

 I missed my parents, and I missed Larie. How could she do something like leave with some strange man we just met? I always knew she was kind of a slut but I never thought she would abandon me. 

Maddox told me I couldn't trust anyone...could I even trust him? At first I thought I couldn't, but that first night, he held me in his arms and promised me that he loved me. I fell asleep feeling safe. 

later 

Maddox was away most of the day, finding gigs and stuff that I didn't really understand. I spent the days getting ready for our dates at night. I would take long baths, curl my hair, and go shopping around the apartment for new outfits. 

LA was so glamorous and I really enjoyed having so much free time, even though I missed school kind of. I knew I was a nerd but still. Maybe I could learn online or something. 

Whenever Maddox came home at night, we would do something romantic. Sometimes we went for moonlit walks or go see the gardens in the city or go to a karaoke bar. I did get lonely waiting for him to come home, but when he did, we always had such a good time that it was worth it. 

Until one night, he didn't come home.