CHAPTER ELEVEN

||CHAPTER ELEVEN // NO||

The two Winchesters make it to the Campbell's house pretty quickly, Dean wastes no time dragging out a map. Dakota sits on the floor near him humming to herself and playing with some old toys that Deanna had given her.

"What do you say we just slow down and talk this thing through?" Samuel questions slowly, cautious of Dean's behavior.

"There's nothing to talk about." Dean breathes out, Deanna wasn't paying much attention to the hunters talking-she was busy preparing some food.

"Except you're saying there's a demon," Samuel points out, crossing his arms over his chest. "And none of us has ever heard of a demon with yellow eyes."

Dean stops looking at the map, turning to Samuel and standing up straight. His face hardens as he glares at the older hunter. "Yeah, well, I have." He says. "This thing killed my family." His eyes are wide and there's a hidden layer of vulnerability in them.

"Just calm down, son." Samuel says quietly, casting a glance to the little girl on the floor.

"You don't get it, do you?" Dean questions rhetorically. "You are in danger. We are all in danger." He snaps angrily. "In fact, you need to get yourself someplace safe." His eyes move towards Deanna momentarily.

Dean moves back to the map as Deanna carries a large bowl of cut up fruit out. "Not until we know what we're dealing with here." Samuel argues.

"Sam's right, Dean--it could be a demon," Deanna says softly, Dakota's head shoots up at the name 'Sam' thinking the woman meant her uncle. The little girl sighs sadly as Deanna continues speaking. "It could be a shapeshifter, any number of things."

"I know what this thing is!" Dean snaps standing up, he's starting to get annoyed with the Campbell's not believing him. "And I'm gonna kill it. That's all the talking I need to do."

Deanna returns back to the kitchen, her face sad at Dean's words.

"You're gonna kill a demon?" Samuel questions, Dean nods. "How?"

Dean looks down briefly. "There's a hunter named Daniel Elkins. He lives in Colorado. He has Colt's gun. The Colt."

"Yeah," Samuel replies, walking around the table. "I heard about the Colt. I used to tell it to Mary as a bedtime story."

"Well, it's real." Dean says, Dakota stops playing and walks over to her dad, not liking the tone of his voice-it makes her sad.

Samuel and Deanna exchange a look. "All right, say that it is. You got some kind of a crystal ball telling you where this demon's gonna be?"

"Yeah, maybe I do." Dean smirks slightly, Dakota looks up at him in confusion.

"Daddy?" She questions as he digs around in his jacket. Dean looks over at his daughter briefly before pulling out John's journal. He flips through pages as Samuel comes over to stand by him. Dakota moves out of the way, realizing that Samuel wasn't watching out for her.