Part 4

WARNING- THIS DISPLAYS DARKER CONTENT. PROCEED AT OWN RISK

AN- Sorry that this one turned out weird. I was trying some new stuff out with story ideas and turns out it's hard for me to write good stuff centred around these themes

(Cups, Mugs, and the others (in the Cuphead universe mostly) gather in the park for Elder Kettle's funeral. Hilda stands up and walks to the brothers)

HILDA: I'm sorry for all of this boys. I know how hard this is on you. We all feel horrible.

MUGS: Thanks Hilda. (leans in, whispering) I don't know about Cupsy too much though. He's seemed really out of it lately.

HILDA: It'll be ok Mugs. It'll be a while until you guys get better from all this. Cuphead especially it seems. (looks to Cups) Why don't you go sit with your brother now? We can talk later.

MUGS: (looks to Cups) Yeah. Ok.

(The two wave and Mugs heads back to his brother)

(Cups has his head buried in his hands, eyes wide open and breathing heavily. He seems to snap out of his trance when he sees Mugs)

CUPS: (shakily) Hey bro.

MUGS: Hey Cups. You don't seem like you're doing ok. Need some brotherly love?

(Cups gives a sad-happy smile. The brothers embrace in a big hug, and don't let go for a while)

MUGS: It's your turn to say some things. Head up. I'll be right here.

(Cups heads up to where the others have given speeches about Elder Kettle)

AN- Sorry, I've only been to one funeral before, I remember squat

CUPS: Elder Kettle was more than a caretaker to Mugs and me. He was a father to us. He was someone who always was there for us when we needed him most... and when we didn't as well.

(A few chuckles ring out. Cups looks to Mugs and smiles. Mugs smiles back)

CUPS: He took the best care of us when we were sick, or when we got hurt, or even when we were doing just fine. He knew the best for us and loved us very much. And we loved him too. He really will (sniff) be missed. (rushes to staircase) Thank you!

(After the funeral, Cups and Mugs stay behind at Elder Kettle's grave. Bendy and Alice walk up behind the brothers)

BENDY: Hey guys.

MUGS: Hey Bendy. Hey Alice.

ALICE: Those were some really nice words that you said back there Cuphead.

CUPS: Thanks Alice. (coughs like a maniac)

MUGS: You ok bro?

CUPS: Yeah. Just choked up a bit. (coughs more)

(Cuphead keeps coughing and gasping like he's run out of air. He falls down a bit and Mugs and Bendy have to help him up)

AN- Whenever I cry hard, I cough a ton. Dunno if this happens to you but oh well

ALICE: Why don't we take you two back to our apartment? I can make some tea for all of us.

MUGS: That would be nice. Thanks Alice.

ALICE: Any time Mugman. Now let's go, shall we?

(In the apartment, Mugs, Cups, and Bendy sit on the couch while Alice comes over with four cups of tea on a tray)

ALICE: Here's the tea. Mango-peach iced for Bendy, herbal for Mugman, chamomile for myself, and black iced for Cuphead.

CUPS: Thanks Alice. (sips) It's good.

MUGS: Of course it is. You've been drinking this for 6 months now.

CUPS: (stands up) I feel like it needs some honey though. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me.

BENDY: Ok.

(Minutes pass as everyone quietly drinks their tea. When Alice finishes, she gets up)

ALICE: Can I take everyone's tea?

MUGS: Yeah.

BENDY: Thanks Alice.

ALICE: I'm gonna wash these. Let me know if anyone needs anything.

(When Alice walks into the kitchen, she sees a tired Cups sitting on the floor, tea spilled. He's pouring something from a bottle into his head)

ALICE: Cuphead! What the-

(She snatches the bottle from Cups' hand and turns it over to read the label)

ALICE: Whiskey? Cuphead, what are you doing?

CUPS: (tired) Alice, it's not what you think. Trust me, I haven't been doing this for a while.

ALICE: So how long then? Wait, it's not because... (kneels down) Oh Cuphead, I'm so sorry.

(A tear falls from Cups' face as he hugs Alice back)

CUPS: Alice, it's not your fault.

ALICE: Cuphead, I know you're depressed but this is no way to deal with it. Come on. What can we do to help you?

CUPS: Why? Why do you guys want to help me? It's my fault. I should try to deal with this on my own.

ALICE: Cuphead that's a silly thing to think! None of this is your fault! (grips him tightly by the shoulders) Just say the word and we'll help you.

(Cuphead's silent for a while, then he stands up before falling again. Alice helps him up, and the two walk to the living room)

BENDY: Cuphead! You ok?

CUPS: (choked up) I need help.

(Mugs and Bendy stand up)

MUGS: Oh Cuphead, what happened?

CUPS: Everything. Everything happened Mugs.

BENDY: We're just glad you said something.

CUPS: Just hand me the help and get it over with. (collapses)

ALICE, MUGS: Cuphead!

BENDY: He's just asleep from the alcohol. He'll be fine. I'm gonna call a therapist.

END OF ISSUE