Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

"So are you going in or are you just going to stand there all day?" Stefen had crept up behind me. I wasn't expecting him, so I jumped, he laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I was just looking at the house..." I reasoned under my breath and folded my arms over my chest.

"You were just looking scared, you mean?" I could almost hear the smirk in his voice as he pulled out my two luggage bags from the back of the truck.

I wasn't scared, but some deep part of me felt...anticipated. Perhaps scared. The house was huge. I could imagine at least 5 bedrooms and 5 bathroom house. This was...as big as the white house even. Okay, that was an exaggeration, but the house was colossal compared to what I was used to. It, for some strange reason, didn't seem that big when I was younger.

We made our way to the front porch and I stopped again to look at the door then at the wooden floor. The whole place seemed ancient, but permanent some how. Stepping on the short stairs ahead felt like the most sure thing to do. The wood didn't even so much as groan under my feet, proving the house reliable.

"Again, you plan on just standing here for the rest of the day?"

"How old is this house?" I found myself wondering.

"Just a couple thousand years old," he answered without a hint of humor in his voice. If hadn't given me such a absurd response, I would've actually believed him.

"Ha-Ha, very funny."

"You gunna open the door, or what?" Stef cut in and I stepped aside.

"Actually, I was waiting for you to do it."

Stef's shoulders went limp and he looked at me with raised eyebrows, "Yes, because I have a third arm growing behind my back that can reach out and open it while my other arms are filled with your luggage bags, right?"

Sarcasm was radiating from him.

"You know, that attitude is gunna need some work mister...I mean like, a simple please open the door for me would suffice. And since I am such a good and patient person, I'll wait for it."

Stefen furrowed his eyebrows at me and made a face of disbelief, "I know you're not telling me to say please."

I smiled, "well if you insist," I crossed over him and pushed open the door. I pushed it open wide for him to go first and grinned, "Age before beauty." He sighed and hung his head low and walked in. I followed right after, but before I could even close the door I was met by a chorus of loud voices screaming:

"WELCOME!"

"Hello!"

"Welcome!"

"S'up!"

"May, you've made it in one piece I see." I turned to see a muscle of a man standing in my path. He was freakishly huge and that could only mean one thing.

I crossed my arms, "So where's the murder Boris?" I questioned and looked around, "Everything seems in order here...hmm, no murder... no sign of it at least."

He sighed, "That's Uncle Boris to you, May, now come," he said, "let me introduce you..." he put his arm and my shoulder and turned me to the massive body of people. There were about seventeen or like twenty.

"These guys..." Uncle Sam said, and gestured to the fourteen dudes in front of me. "I'm sure you remember them, but if you don't this is Jonathan-Rocco." he pointed to a brown boy with green eyes.