Chapter Twelve

The next morning, i woke up got dressed and walked down to meet Mubarak.

"He's not in the sitting room then where is he" I said to myself and walked to the kitchen.

I met him in the kitchen looking for what to eat.

"Ok Tasneem, you can do this" I let out a breath.

"Hi Mubarak" I said to him.

"Hello" he replied not looking up

"How was your night"

"Fine, yours? "

"Alhamdulillah"

I was out of what to say so i decided to make breakfast maybe that will make him say something reasonable.

"Go to the dinning and wait a bit let me make breakfast for you" I kindly said.

"No thank you" he replied and left with a cup of coffee.

He rejected my offer thou alhamdulillah he spoke to me, Batul was right there is always room for trial.

Before i could finish make my breakfast i heard Mubarak's voice "ouch, darm it"

I dropped everything and ran to where he was.
The coffee he was taking poured over him, i quickly untied my scarf and used it to clean his shirt then i heard him asking

"Why are you doing this"

"Cause its my duty, you're my husband"

"Thank you" he replied and left to his room.

Few minutes later he came down and headed to the door

"Where are you going? " I asked politely.

But he ignored and left.
I stood silent for a while with tears when my phone's ringtone broke the silence.

"Hi Batul, i was about calling you"

"Haba, tell me o notima (he replied)"

"Yes fa, you were right i never gave it a try"

"So you guys are good ba"

"Not really, he replied my greetings sha amma o larai am ma (he didn't look at me) and he went out without saying a word"

"Don't worry, atleast he said something to you"

"Yeah hakane"

"Gradually ke kam, Allah hoinu"

"Ameen"

"Toh bye, Ammi is calling"

"Ok bye, my regards to her"

"Insha Allah"

I hanged the call and left for breakfast.
After a while, i heard a knock and went to open it was Mubarak but no it was the twins.

"Hi Adda Tasneem" they both said and gave me a hug.

"My babies i miss you soo much" I replied happily.

"We miss you too, Mami and Abba ve min hefne (are sending their greetings)"

"Awwnn thank you, i have to go greet them sef"

"So Adda Tasneem how is Hamma Mubarak"

"He's fine fa, he just went out"

"Ohh ok, Adda Tasneem can we go for shopping or movie pleasssseee" Manal begged.

"Ok Manal en dilla toh (lets go) daman am doing nothing"

"Yay"

We left for shopping and got ice-cream on our way back.
For more than a month i've been in this mighty house all alone, all thanks to the twins am out today.

"Ehen Adda Tasneem kafun miyijji ta, Abba vi mi hokke do (before i forget, Abba said i should give you this)" Minal handed me a paper.

"Whats it"

"Your admission letter i guess" she added.

"Omg thank God alhamdulillah"

"Toh Adda Tasneem we're leaving, bye"

"Bye darlings my regards to Mami and Abba, se to mi wari, bye"

After the twins left, i was soo happy Abba finally got me admission into NILE university and also the course i love (microbiology) atleast i won't be bored again.

Few minutes later, i called Abba and thanked him and then called my bestfriend, told her about my admission and yay she's also going there and to my surprise we are studying the same course.
I am soo happy.

The next morning, i woke up soo happy and eager to meet my bestfriend in school, i walked downstairs after getting dressed and meet Mubarak in the kitchen.

"Goodmorning"i greeted

"Morning"he replied

I took a cup of coffee and left for school.

"Where are you going to" Mubarak asked on my way out.

"Why are you asking, have you ever told me where you're going to when leaving"i said to myself.

"School"i replied

"Ok"

I came home all tired.
After having a quick shower, wore my night gown and laid on my bed then heard a knock on my door.

"Yes come in"

"Ohh hi Mubarak, sorry i came home all tired and i taught you were not in the house"

"No problem. Am here to warn you never to step your leg out of this house again"

"What!!! Do you know what you're saying, are you sure you're not drunk"

Before i could close my mouth, i heard a slap on my face.

"Shut up, its a command and that is final"he angrily said and left

I cried the whole night regretting and also hating myself.