Chapter 9

Courtney’s POV

Me and Dan were still hugging when Carys and Phil came back into the living room. My face was red from crying and I couldn’t stop sniffling. I turned around and saw Carys. Dan and Phil exchanged glances, nodded and walked out of the room. Me and Carys stood there for a minute or two, looking anywhere but each other. I sighed and looked at her, her doing the same. She finally gave in and a tear rolled down her cheek.

‘I’m sorry’ she whispered.

‘No I’m sorry’ I reply. ‘I have to admit, I’m a little scared too’

At this point, Carys practically launched herself at me and hugged me hard. After a while, she sighed and let go.

‘Okay, she can stay at the house for 1 night, BUT, when she stays, I’m not going to be there. I’ll stay here for the night’ she says, as I nod.

‘Seems fair’ I say, sighing.

‘I just sort of told Phil everything. He was shocked to say the least’ she said, which didn’t surprise me. I mean, who wouldn’t be shocked? ‘He laughed when I told him what you said to her though’ she smiled, making me laugh.

‘Oh, you didn’t tell him that bit did you?’ I said, still laughing.

‘Of course I did! Courtney, that’s the best part of the story’ she tells me and soon, we’re both crying with laughter. Dan and Phil stand in the doorway smiling as we carry on laughing about nonsense.

‘I’m guessing you’re friends again then?’ Phil asks.

‘Well, yeah!’ Carys says before going and hugging him, making me smile.

Dan makes his way over to me and pulls me up from the sofa gently by my hands, as he pulls me in for a hug. ‘You okay now?’ he whispers in my ear.

‘Yeah, I’m fine now. Thank you for everything Dan’ I say while smiling.

‘It’s no problem’ he breathes in my ear again, making me shiver. ‘Let’s get started on this video then’ he says to us all. Carys and I go to get changed into actual clothes instead of being in yesterday’s skinnies and our boyfriend’s tops, leaving the boys to set up the camera and do whatever it is they do to prepare for a video.

We go into the bathroom together and I change into a lighter pair of skinnies with a purple vest. I brush my hair, making it look a bit more presentable and put on a purple beanie over it. Carys changes into black skinnies with a plain green top on that matches her eyes. I get my make-up out of my bag and put on some mascara to make my eyelashes look longer and some eyeliner which makes the blue in my eyes stand out. I hand the make-up to Carys when I’m finished.

‘Thanks, you’re a life saver!’ she says, smiling at me while turning back to the bathroom mirror. I walk out of the bathroom and into Dan’s bedroom to put my bag back in there. I walk in to find him in there.

‘Ooh hi!’ he says, smiling at me and looking me up and down. I roll my eyes jokingly as he smirks.

‘Stop perving on me!’ I tell him jokingly. ‘Oh, this is yours’ I say, throwing his top at his face, making him laugh.

‘Thanks’ he says, still giggling. He looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

‘What?’

‘You’ve put make-up on again, haven’t you?’ he says, walking towards me and adjusting my beanie.

‘Just a bit on my eyes. It makes them stand out more’ I tell him while smiling up at him. ‘If I had to pick one thing I liked about myself Dan, it would be my eyes, so I’m going to make them stand out more to make the rest of me get less attention’ I tell him before turning around and putting the bag down by the side of the bed. I turn back around and walk up to him. ‘Okay?’ I ask with my hands on my hips, playfully.