A Heated Argument About a Disney Movie

Sans's POV

Chara continues to blow me away. She used to be so vengeful. I swear she was running on pure hatred considering she's always the last one awake and the first one up in the morning.

Now look at her. She just attacked a punching bag like it... like it.... ah geez what would piss Chara off...

Like it insulted her family and didn't have its facts straight.

Yeah that sounds like a Chara thing to do.

I tidied up the basement and headed upstairs to find food. Toriel was sorting out the lesson plans on the homeschool thing with Alphys so it was up to me.

I threw together some burgers for the younger two and pulled some vegetables out of the fridge to make Chara a quick salad.

While the burgers cooked I peered into the living room. Frisk and Asriel were doing a puzzle on the coffee table. I heard the water running so Chara was still in the shower.

I preheated the oven for some fries and started chopping up the veggies. I've learned a thing or two from Toriel and now I really like cooking for the kids.

Chara padded into the living room to join her siblings on the couch. She was back in one of her long sleeve shirts and a pair of black jeans. Her red hair was still wet. She grabbed her sneakers from by the door and slipped them on.

By the time she was dry and ready, the food was ready. I was sat on the couch with Frisk and Asriel. All three of us were happily eating cheeseburgers and fries. When I saw Chara come out, I motioned to the bowl of salad on the coffee table. I watched her eyes light up and she took the bowl.

"Thanks!"

I smiled in response.

Chara sat on the floor and reclined against the leg of the table. I had turned on some random Disney movie. It was about a Chinese woman who cut her hair and snuck into the military. I couldn't remember what it was called but I know the kids loved it.

When the drumbeat started, Chara visibly perked up. All the kids had finished their food so we were just watching the movie now.

Suddenly the younger ones were scream-singing the lyrics.

"LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!"

I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. That was the most coordinated thing I've ever seen them do.

Then I noticed Chara hadn't joined in. She had said something that sounded like "lex air sis".

Then I tuned in to what she was actually singing.

"Attaquons l'excercise!"

I quickly realized it was French.

She turned around with a grin. "This was one of the few Disney songs I was able to mostly accurately translate between French and English".

The song continued like that for awhile. The younger two sang in English and Chara sang in French. That continued until it got to the whole part with the 'I'm never gonna catch my breath' part. Frisk and Asriel kept singing, alternating the parts. Chara watched them with a semi-defeated smile. I shot her a questioning look and she gave me her explanation.

"This is why it's mostly. I could never translate this part".

Chara joined back in after that part. She gradually got more confident.

When the song ended all three kids were laughing. It was the happiest I've ever seen Chara.

It's hard to remember that she's just a kid. She's certainly a fighter. The kid knows things beyond her years. It's strange to see her sitting down and enjoying a Disney movie. Then I remember that she's not even ten yet.

"Mulan reminds me of Chara sometimes" Asriel said.

"What do you mean?" Chara asked. She pulled her knee up to her chest and looked at her brother.

"Strong, brave, a little reckless, boyish. Doesn't need to impress some matchmaker to be happy" Asriel rattled off. Chara was staring at him contemplatively and I could tell she was thinking about it. A lot.

"Plus you're both princesses" I added.

Chara stood up and whirled around to face me. "Mulan was not a PRINCESS you little shit! She was not ROYALTY she was a WAR HERO you ignorant FUCK!"

"I didn't realize you'd get so defensive about a Disney movie"

Chara crossed her arms over her chest in her typical manner. "Well I did. A princess has to be born into royalty or marry into royalty. Mulan was an ordinary peasant girl and she married a general" she explained to me.

"Ah, gotcha" I was laughing eternally. I'd never seen her so passionate before.

"Besides, I'm not a princess either. Not anymore. I'm just a kid. Mulan wouldn't have made a good princess anyway.  She was reckless and didn't know how to handle herself under pressure. She panicked too much and couldn't think on her feet"

"Someday I wanna hear what you two went through being royalty"

"We weren't your traditional royal siblings" Asriel piped up. "We got into all sorts of trouble" he giggled.

Chara laughed but there was no humor in it. "Yeah. We did"

I could tell there was something they didn't want to mention and I was willing to bet
I knew what it was. But I decided to let it go for now. I had to go to Toriel and Asgore to get some stories about these two. I was determined to get the full story.

But for now I've got three kids to homeschool and one on the way. I can worry about their dramatic pasts later.