Chapter 22

After the ceremony, we spent the hour taking pictures with eachother. I was so filled with love that nobody's words could break my spirit as I thanked my mother and the Palomino family for planning my wedding. 

Jose and I pose for our own pictures as the guests head into the reception. Once we are done, we head into Harmony's guest home to change into our second outfits for the night. 

We did end up having a quickie once we entered the room but we thankfully only look a little flushed.

"Please stand up and applaud as we welcome Mr and Mrs Balvin." My mom says into the microphone as Jose and I step into the area. 

A few tears escape my eyes as we confidently make our way to our seats but not before Jose surprises me by picking me up bridal style once more which only makes me laugh. 

It was even more perfect than when he first did it after we had our first kiss as a married couple. 

At the head table, I have Kim and my mom sitting with us while Jose chose his parents

At the head table, I have Kim and my mom sitting with us while Jose chose his parents. I wanted to pick some more sisters but they all have children and Kendall just isn't bringing the positive energy that I need from her.

 I wanted to pick some more sisters but they all have children and Kendall just isn't bringing the positive energy that I need from her

The next two hours are spent listening to live music, eating good and celebrating a new unity.

"My girl, Kandice Kardashian is now married to the love of her life." Tamar says as she takes a seat on the stool which sits in front of a flower wall. She looks beautiful in her white blazer and skirt. "Now lets keep it real, before Jose came back onto the scene we didn't really know if she was going to find a man cause she became really career based."

I bite my lip as a few people chuckle at her words.

"Kandice loves Jose with all of her heart. When they first broke up, she was devastated and I didn't know if her heart could be mended. Not only has he mended her heart but he shown us that they truly deserve eachother." A tear falls as I nod my head in agreement and Jose kisses my bare shoulder. "I have never seen her look so happy, let's simply say that I want she has."

We all laugh. 

"She released a whole song and then went on vacation with her man instead of promoting." I crack up laughing at this. "Kandice is simply amazing and Jose you better be happy that you won the girl."

The band begins to play,

"You're the joy in my pain
You're the sunlight in the rain
You're like my religion
My best decision I've ever made in my life

Cause it's amazing
I'm floating on air
And I can't come down
It's like nothing else matters to me
Whenever you're around
You've got me free fallin'
You've got me free fallin' (yeah)...
" Before I knew it Jose had led me out and we shared our first dance. 

We hadn't chosen a song for our first dance but I'm happy that the song was performed by somebody that I love and admire.

Tamar performs a few more songs before we have some of our other guests come out and sing for us. 

Caitlyn Jenner is the person that I had the father daughter dance with because she raised me and she played a huge part in my life after my father passed. Although, I did dance with my mother first because she is reason why we are all here.

We find ourselves laughing as people from Jose's side of the family make speeches, telling us all about Jose a young boy. It was beautiful because I never really get to interact with his side of the family which definitely needs to change.

"I just want to say that we love you Kandi." Kim says as she stands at the front with my mom and sisters who are all beaming at us. "You are by default my favorite sister."

We laugh at her words as I cuddle up to Jose.

"I wanted to take this moment to apologise to Jose." They all look at him. "Although you did hurt our sister in the past, it was something that we hadn't forgiven you for and we are sorry for not being as nice as we could've been. We love you Jose because you have made our Kandi so happy and we appreciate how much you have done for her confidence. We haven't seen Kandice look as happy as she is and  she always glowing because of you."

My mom takes the mic, "You're doing amazing sweetie."

I whistle at her words before laughing. I look up at Jose and he pecks my lips.

"I love you so much Kandice, I am so honored that you chose me to walk you down the aisle. You truly are an amazingly talented and beautiful person. I can't wait for you to embark on your new life with your husband and for you to expand." She smiles with tears spilling down her cheeks, "Just don't forget to visit your momma, I did raise your behind."

I blow them all kisses as Jose and I head to the center. 

I bawl my eyes out as soon as I see Celine Dion take the microphone. I can't believe that she is singing at my wedding, I knew that she was a guest seeing as my mother invited her but I didn't think she would perform.

"You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me...
" She walks up Jose and I as she nears the end of the song.

"Kandice, I want you to sing with me." Celine says as she kisses my head. She puts the microphone between us as I look into Juan's eyes.

"I'm everything I am
Because you loved me...
"