Thirty- Five

Beth^

Sleep didn't come easily to Liana, which was becoming a regular occurrence for her. She woke up bleary- eyed with her Outcast clothes crumpled and her once- sleek ponytail looking more like a dead horse.

"Aren't there any showers around here?" she grumbled, drinking some water to try and rid herself of morning breath.

"You look awful," Taylor said from behind her.

She rolled her eyes, not bothering to turn around. "Real creative, Taylor."

He chuckled. "No, there's a bathroom in the back, and a change of clothes on the ledge above your cot."

Liana was glad for the shower, even if the water was freezing. There was even a hairbrush and extra toothbrushes under the sink- maybe the SEAM officers hated bad breath as much as she did.

As she stepped back out of the bathroom, dressed in a worn blue shirt and capris, she felt much more fresh.

Iris passed her by on the way to the shower, and judging by her puffy eyes, she hadn't gotten much sleep either.

Liana plopped beside Taylor and closed her eyes, wishing Jerik would reach out to her again, but she settled for bursting more glass cups. Corey and Beth soon joined them, glitching in place per usual.

"You're going to ruin our supply of cups," Corey sulked as he sat down beside her.

"Hmph. That's what they get for giving us glass," Liana replied, flicking wet hair off her shoulder. She didn't care much for Corey's negative comments.

Their silver collars glowed bright- hot as an alarm began blaring in the doorway, and for a second Liana thought Jerik had found them. "What's going on?"

Beth looked unafraid as the collar burned against her skin. "They're coming."

Liana shivered as she remembered what Jerik had told her about the plan to turn her against her people. The collar's heat became almost unbearable as a dozen guards stepped into the room, aiming large guns at the Bluebloods. "Liana Kade, Taylor Griffin, and Iris Ferrer?" one called out, his loud voice bouncing across the hall.

Shakily she stood, trying to keep her palms from sweating, and crossed the room, standing firm in front of the guards. Immediately they snapped cuffs on her, and she felt guns pressed to her back. Taylor and Iris stayed where they were.

"Taylor Griffin and Iris Ferrer?" the guard tapped his foot impatiently.

"They're using the bathroom," Liana offered.

"Both of them? At the same time?"

Liana bit her lip. "Yes."

The guard huffed, and Liana shot a glance at Taylor, willing him to stay quiet. If they they put her under mind control, she didn't want to hurt him, even by accident. Taylor nodded in understanding, but his hands were clenched in taut fists, as if he was restraining from punching a guard.

The SEAM officers exchanged glances, and one jabbed a hand at Beth and Corey. "Bring them instead."

Taylor stepped forward to intervene, but Liana clenched her hand, pushing him back with her mind. Don't. He glanced up at her with wide brown eyes, begging to take Beth's place. I can't lose you again.

Part of her thought she was being selfish, but she desperately wanted to keep him safe. Somehow, she willed him to keep his mouth shut, and looked ahead as the guards began to exit the room, taking her, Beth, and Corey with them.

A/N: Hi. When this story is finished, how would you like it if I opened a Curse of the Blue Moon RP?

~Natalia