Chapter 3: reploid

(November 22nd, 21xx) [Cain labs]

We are at the lab. I'm trying to design a robotic plant species that can reproduce, give oxygen, live long and can be helpful for humans in all sorts of ways while dr Cain studies dr lights notes and is technically studying me for something . . . . " I did it!" I excitedly shout as I am finished with the first completed version of the robotic plant we can use for the benefit of everyone. "What is it my boy, did you steal my robes." Dr. Cain jokingly said. "No, I've found a way to make a robotic plant to help people." I corrected him, but I get the joke, it was... kind of funny. But my idea of humor I'd different, for example, I taped all of our pillows on the roof and exclaimed that they are alive. "X, my boy I'm working on a project and I need you to help." That got me curious, I wonder what dr Cain needs my help for. Dr. Cain is very excited about this too, hmm this might get interesting. As I go to the next room I see something resembling me but taller, helmetless, and bald. It's incomplete for the arms and wires are everywhere around the metallic being, I soon get very frightened and yet curious about what dr Cain is creating. "X, I need your help on creating the next stage of robots." I need you to help me with your descendants, your reploids !" Dr Cain is excitedly passionate about this as he exclaims. Then I got confused, my descendants? Is he going to replicate my design, but for what reason?

"X the world needs these robots, but it needs you the most. Soooo how is the robotic plant going?" Dr Cain said,  he was monitoring my progress. "You know, you are creating something that will make the world a much better place, by making your project. Everyone will benefit from this!" I reply "Thank you. I was hoping that these plants will help with many issues around the globe, like, pollution, world hunger, and global warming. We would have artificial trees grow faster, stronger, and could regenerate after being chopped off. We could restore habitats around the world and that would help many endangered animals find good homes." After I say this, Dr. Cain tells me "And we will make the reploids to be our companions, to give life to a new breed of people so we could live together, and for you not to be lonely." Dr. Cain hopes that I will participate. "Doc, where shall we begin." As three hours passed us during this long process, I went to gather more of the tools for this project. I wonder what we will name them. We are just finished with the first reploid and we are very excited to see what will happen when we activate them. I'm excited but I also worry about what could happen. The reploid wakes up,  I made a small shrieking noise in anticipation for this moment, this beautiful and amazing moment. I can't believe what is happening right now. Then the reploid woke, and they turned, then, they said "hello, I am Sigma. Who are you?" I immediately introduce myself "My name is X. Dr. Cain and I created you." "My son, you are the first line of robots that will help coexist with humans. You and X will do great things for the earth." Dr. Cain tearfully spoke. Dr. Cain turns to me "X, can I have some alone time with Sigma, please?" I nod and so dr Cain and Sigma talk in a different room while I went outside to plant my robotic plants all over the city and in the desert landscape outside the city to create a forest. I wonder what was so important that I needed to stay away from the two. From I learn about Abel city is that it lives in the deep desert of Texas, that most of the technology came from ancient remnants of many now unknown people, that includes my father Dr. Light, and a water collection system that takes moisture from the air, then it goes to a hydration chamber to become water. Fortunately, the atmosphere around here is filled with water vapor. Which will help my plants grow alongside the sun. Well, it's getting dark so I have to go back.