Prologue

Erik has disappeared into the unknown, vanished after he was exposed as a mutated tyrant on national television. The Whitehouse is in ruins and the world is in hysteria after the exposure of advanced beings. Mutants are in more danger than ever before, Erik, Charles and Raven's faces were broadcast internationally.

Charles has returned home with Hank, and relapsed into his mindless alcohol fueled, mind-numbing drugged up ways; tumbling back into a crippling depression.

Erik cannot be trusted to be left alone, scheming and dreaming up a new strategic master plan to rid the world of the un-mutated "Neanderthals", and replenish his squad of mutants -- with his own children: Wanda and Pietro. He must be found and stopped before he gets the chance to strike again and vanquish all hope of redemption.

Charles dreams of bringing Erik back in and teaching him how to use his power for good; to teach him that being a mutant is a gift, not a curse; to teach him that just because someone stumbles - loses their way, it doesn't mean they are lost forever.

But to ever foster any hope of restoring Erik to his former pacifistic glory, he must accept his own gifts and use them; no matter how much it pains him. He must suffer for the sake of others: for the sake of Erik. How much would you sacrifice for others? How much would you suffer for those you love? To what lengths would you go to try and reclaim the un-claimable?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in this story. They all belong to Marvel Studios. However, the storyline belongs entirely to me; please do not steal my work as I put a lot of time and effort into it and I would appreciate it if I received all the credit for my ideas.

Without further ado; let the story commence!