being

what do you think makes a life?

is it the ability to breathe? maybe it's being able to feel rehabilitated, soul pouring into your flesh like the first drop of pollen on a newly bloomed lavender bud, or bending backwards and stretching your fingers and reaching for the sun that chases your breath away.

or is to feel warmth? the heat flowing through your fingertips, trailing them over your skin until the heat bubbles over and spills like bitter grapefruit onto your lips, or a hot rush of yearning singing in your vena cava that demands to be heard and carved into another soul.

maybe it's to feel pain? to stand at the edge of a tree branch, looking down and wishing to be like the leaves that fall gracefully to the ground and swept away by the wind and crushed by formless vocalizations. maybe it's to cry outside on the sidewalk and hope that the concrete your sitting on caves in under you, and maybe you'll find an abyss that looks dark enough to shut your eyes in.

tal vez it's to love. it's pure humanhood to want to feel a longing so true that it brings you to the brink of song, it's natural to want to endlessly be. standing at the door to heaven it's okay to want to sell shoes for your angel to walk on the slippery path to your heart. maybe it's to give time to the sun, to be it's dueño for just a day so you can shine light on the smile that'll soon become your sun.

what is life? life is power over one, even if it is your own.

// it's been exactly a year since
i first published any poetry omg,
thank you for over 12k+ (!!!!!!)
overall reads on all of my work,
and thank you so much if you've
been here from the beginning!!
but even if you haven't, i still
appreciate you just as much!!!!
i love you all and hope you're
having wonderful holidays!! <33