Dear Diary Part 4

Mum and Dad are off. They left twenty minutes ago. 

'bye!! love you!! mwahhh!!!' Brianna screeched from the doorstep. I poked my head out the door and waved too. 'Bye! Have a nice time!'

They drove away, waving till they reached the corner, Mum's smile so wide. I had to be happy for them.

The moment they drove away, Brianna turned to me, her face set in a scowl. Uhm, hello? I'm the babysitter, hun, drop the ATTITUDE! 

'What?' I say, shutting and locking the front door. Mom made sure I locked all windows and doors before she went as Brianna has a tendency to 'escape' and be found in the near P.D. Let's just say she loves to climb out windows.

'I don't want YOU to babysit me. I can babysit myself.' Her scowl was kinda scary. 'In fact, Ms Penelope can babysit me. So you go on a holiday yourself.'

I laughed. Sometimes Brianna can make the BEST jokes. 'What do you mean holiday? Mom and Dad just went on a weekedn away,nothing big or special. Besides, I can promise you, AND Ms Penelope that leaving you BOTH is illegal. I also promise that I'd love to leave! But we can't almost burn down the house again, can we?' I laughed and made my way to the kitchen. 'Dad made a sausage casserole. Do you want yours now? its 7pm.'

Brianna crossed her arms and ran at me, almost making me AND the casserole dish fall over. 'Hey! Brianna!'

'I'm SERIOUS, Nikki! I do NOT need a BABYSITTER. I can look after myself. and ms penelope. even though shes quite good at looking after herself. but STILL.' She sat atop the kitchen counter as I served myself some casserole. boy was I hungry. Mom and Dad had left the house 20 minutes ago and Brianna was already throwing a tantrum. How could I survive two whole days and two long nights???!!!!

'Nikki?'

'I'm sorry you don't want a babysitter, Brianna, but I have to. We're gonna have fun this weekend, I promise, just give me a chance!'

'Can I get dinner now?'