Chapter 62

Chapter 62:

I didn't go with Harry to the airport. I didn't tell him to call me when he landed, I didn't say a single word as he left out the door but he did say to me:

'Bye Bri. I hope one day you'll find someone that loves you as much as me, if you don't, I'll be a phone call away.'

My heart is heavy like a fishing weight on a hook being prepared to be yanked from the water as it slowly tugs at the veins, ripping them away one by one.

I tell myself, that I can't sit here like I did and wait for him. I have to do what I told and promised myself. I have to get my life together. However, it's harder than I thought, because dealing with my past is harder than I expected.

Thoughts of the little girl that I carried for eight months creep in to my mind when thoughts of Harry aren't present.

I am guaranteed it's something I must live with every day, Bain will always be a part of me.

The holiday season was quickly approaching meaning Luke was home for at least a week and a half. Without thought, I call him.

"Hello?" His accent is thicker than I remember and I smile to myself.

"Stranger." I laugh. I hear his chuckle on the other end of the line as I sit down on my couch of my apartment and continue scrolling through job listings on a website around my local area.

"Bri. How are ya?"

"Could be better, but, I don't want to talk about it." I smolder. "How are you?"

"You actually called at a great time, I just finished classes for today."

"When are you home for Thanksgiving?" I ask.

"Uh, I still have next week I think then I'll be heading into the city that Friday. Can I stop by?"

"Of course. I actually have somewhere I need you to come with me."

"I'll have our band rehearsals later that night so is it okay if I bring them?"

I can't remember the last time Luke mentioned his band. I haven't seen them in forever.

"Yeah. I guess so, this place is kind of your guys taste anyways, probably."

"Where is it?"

"Why would I tell? It would ruin the surprise and suspense of next week." I smile.

"You're not planning on taking me and the guys out to a club or bar or something are you? You know we're underage."

"Luke." I say seriously. "No. I want to have fun not get arrested."

"If you say so." He says. "I'll see you next week."

-

•Harry's POV•

I can't stop thinking of what she could be doing right now. I'm on this plane headed back to LA and every thought good and bad runs through my mind of what my Bri could be doing.

She told me not to worry about her, but it's all I can do.

I can't see the ground from my seat as we soar over the clouds.

Stuck in my thoughts, I pull out from my carry on a leather journal and a pen as I open it up and begin to put my rhyming thoughts on paper.

-

•One Week Later•

•Harry's POV•

"Harry. This is genius." Louis says to me as he shuffles through my journal.