Wattpad Original

One Million Reads! A Message from Yenni and Weysh

Dear readers,

This is Yenni-Ajani ka Yirba. Peace and Sha's blessings to all of you. I am told our story has to date garnered one million reads, which I am incredibly excited to hear! To be honest with you, when I first came to Cresh things were very difficult for me. It was the first time I was on my own, and in a foreign land no less. I was worried about my N'baba's mysterious illness, struggling with Creshen magic and culture, and aching for home. Add to that the advances of a certain pesky dragon and it was often overwhelming! Not many followed my story at the time, but knowing that my journey brought joy and inspiration to even just a few helped keep me going.

Dear readers,

This is Weysh, known as Weh-sheh to some, "ass boil" to others, and I was not that bad. All I wanted was for my Given to give up everything she'd ever known and loved and come live with me in wedded bliss, managing our home and dragonling while I flew the skies keeping the city safe. What was so wrong with that, en? And for those who couldn't tell, that was sarcasm the likes of which would make even Harth shed a tear of pride, I'm sure.

Watcher knows no one is perfect, and you certainly didn't hesitate to voice your opinions of me. But in the end it was for the best. Because of my own pig-headedness I almost lost the Given I was so desperate to win. If it hadn't been for Yenni's self-assuredness, Harth's blunt honesty, and the collective disapproval of you, the watching gallery, I may not have realized where I was going wrong. But I learned, I grew, and now I look forward to many more adventures with my perfect match. So I thank you, lovelies, for your encouragement and your critique, as stinging as it was at times.

Sha-blessed readers,

It is Yenni-Ajani again. I must echo Weh-sheh's sentiments. Your support has never been lost on us. Whether it was a kind comment or a simple click of the vote button. I feel as though we have grown together, as in reading you allowed our story to flourish and reach more readers, who voted and added the story to their shelves and so that it reached the eyes of even more readers. It has been truly wondrous to see! It especially warms my heart to hear that many of you have found in me and my culture a comforting sense of familiarity. I am happy to have reached you, my sisters and brothers.

Amazing en? One million reads! Ah-it's Weysh again by the way. Oho! Because of you all we won that Wazzy award! Can't rightly say I know what that's about, but I'll be damned if I'm not pleased to have won it anyway. And if I may drop my guard for a moment, it did feel good to know someone out there was on my side during that mess with  Montpierre. My family has their issues, but we're on the mend. I think they're learning a thing or two as well.

We would like to thank every last one of you. May all the Mothers and Fathers rain blessings upon you.

And may you walk always in the sight of the Kindly Watcher.

Warmest regards,

Weysh and Yenni-Ajani.