Chapter 4

About nine months has passed since then. Zelda's stomach looked like it was ready to pop. She placed a hand over her stomach, her breathing becoming irregular.

Link looked at her with concern. "Are you alright? Do you feel like your water is breaking?"

Zelda shook her head. "No, it's just contractions. I'm fine."

Link felt uneasy that Zelda was looking weaker day by day. Their baby was due any day now. "Alright. But if you feel even the slightest of change, please tell me."

"I will, Link." Zelda gave him a smile. "You seem so concerned. Everything will be fine."

"I know, it's just... I'm nervous. This will be our first child, and I don't know what to expect."

"When the time comes whether it be today, tomorrow, or sometime this week, all you have to do is stay by my side. That's all I ask of you."

Link nodded. "Of course I'll be by your side the entire time. I won't leave your side at a time like this."

"Thank you, Link. I love you so much."

"I love you so much too, Zelda."

"Can we take a short stroll? I would like to discuss something with you."

"Of course."

Link and Zelda were walking through the castle gardens together. It was peaceful, quiet, the only sound you could hear were birds chirping.

Hand in hand, Link and Zelda were strolling through the maze of flowers. Zelda lowered her eyes with a smile as she spoke up. "Link." Hearing his name made him turn towards her. "I wanted to ask... What would you like to do to help improve Hyrule even more?"

At times, Link keeps forgetting that he's the king. Even though he's done so much royal duties ever since marrying Zelda, it still slips his mind at times. Five years as king and he's still not quite used to his new title. It was just hard to believe it, feeling like it was dream instead of reality. He never thought he would ever have this title in his life.

Link swallowed. "Well... I would like to expand technology for communication uses. We have the Sheikah Slate and a couple of small devices to use to communicate with already. But I feel like if we make more of these devices, Hyrule will expand for the better."

Zelda nodded to herself. "Not a bad idea. I will have to talk to Purah about it. I feel like it will help a lot of people when they are apart. Just like how we used these devices to stay in touch when you were away on your mission."

"Exactly! Other people will use it for the same reason! I'm so glad you feel the same way about this!"

"Of course. I think it's perfect way to improve Hyrule. We'll put it word for it right away."

"Sweet! I think I'm finally getting the hang at this king stuff!"

Zelda giggled. "You still got a long way to go." Her face turned into a grimace as she held her stomach in pain.

Link widen his eyes. "What's wrong?! Is it another contraction?!"

Zelda shook her head. "No..! My water just broke!"

Link was starting to freak out. "Oh god! What do I do?! We're in the garden, and no one's around and-"

"Link!" Zelda started to breath hard. "Calm down. You just have to carry me inside of the castle, and inform everyone that I'm about to give birth."

"Right... That was my next idea." Link gently scooped Zelda in his arms. "Don't worry, Zelda. I'll get you to the doctor."

Zelda nodded. "I know." With that, Link started running as fast as he could inside of the castle.