Chapter Thirty-Seven- Unbearable

Sorry.

"Sign here, here, and here." The doctor pointed to each lign where I had to sign to have the machines that were keeping Hoseok alive taken away.

Taehyung was currently in Jungkook's embrace as the male sobbed loudly. He was losing his best friend today. I couldn't imagine if I was in the same situation. I'm sure it is just as bad for him as it is for me, if not worse, since they've known each other for years.

I signed the last part of the agreement and handed it back to the doctor, who nodded their head, a grim smile on her face.

"I am so sorry, Yoongi. And to Taehyung too, of course, and Jungkook. I know we hoped for more. We have tried everything we know how to do to save him. He just isn't strong enough to hold on for longer."

We nodded solemnly at her words, unsure whether they actually brought comfort or not.

"I will leave you alone to say your goodbyes." She bowed slightly before quietly exiting the room.

Jungkook's eyes wandered to mine and Taehyung's fragile states before he shakily stood up, leaving a tender kiss on Taehyung's temple, and made his way to Hoseok's bedside.

"Uh, hey Hoseok. I know we didn't get to know each other too well." Jungkook cleared his throat. I knew he was holding back his emotions for the sake of Taehyung and I. "I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for making the men I love so happy. Yoongi, my God, you have made him so fucking happy, Hoseok, you have no idea. He has never been this happy in the years I've known him. That's all thanks to you. And Taehyung. I wouldn't have met Taehyung if it weren't for you. He makes me happier than I've ever been, Hoseok. That is, once again, thanks to you. In the short amount of time we've known each other, you have changed my life in so many ways. So thank you, so much. I know you'll be shining down on us from above, and continuing to make us happy, despite how much we crave to be sad. Thank you, H-Hoseok." Tears started lightly falling from his eyes as he sniffled and exited the room, giving Taehyung and I privacy.

Taehyung looked at me. "Yoongi, do you mind leaving me a-alone with him?"

I nodded, squeezing his shoulder before exiting the room, seeing no sign of Jungkook anywhere.

I felt empty. Hollow. I couldn't wrap my mind around what was happening. This would be the last time for me to speak to Hoseok while he was alive, but could he even hear me? He couldn't respond, that's for sure, and that made it even harder for me.

I don't know how long passed, but eventually the door opened and a sobbing Taehyung exited. I engulfed him in a quick hug, spotting Jungkook rushing back towards us, eyes red and hair messy. He took Taehyung from me, embracing him while placing gentle kisses on his hairline.

I sighed, straightening up my appearance before going into the hospital room, hearing the door click shut behind me.

"Hey Hobibear." I sniffled, pulling up a chair and sitting next to him. I embraced the quiet for a moment before speaking once more. "I don't exactly know what to say," I released a breathy chuckle. "I've had people die on me before, people die right in front of me, but never has it been this hard, this unbearable.

"Who knew I would've fallen in love with some guy who sells flowers. Flowers for fuck's sake. I hate flowers. I always have. They were never my favorite, but my God Hoseok you were my favorite. You are my favorite."

I felt the tears threatening to fall, but I forced them back in. I couldn't ruin it for him, for us.

"Baby, I don't know why you were cursed with this burden. Out of the four of us, you're the one who least deserves to be in this position. I should've taken it. I would switch places with you in a heartbeat."

I gripped his hand, playing with his long, slender fingers. "Sometimes I wish I had never met you, Hoseokie. I feel that it was me who brought this fate upon you. I should've stayed away, but I let myself be convinced by you." I chuckled as I remembered the day. "You convinced me to let you try and show me what love was, what love meant. Well, you fucking succeeded, didn't you? I'm a bawling mess because of how much I love you. You made me happy. I had never wanted to be this happy in my life, but now that that happiness is gone, I don't know what to do with my life anymore."

There was a quiet knock on the door before a nurse poked her head in. "I'm sorry, Yoongi, but we have to get started if we're going to meet the legal deadline on the paperwork."

I nodded, not taking my eyes off of the beautiful man in front of me. I moved his hair out of his face. "Okay, give me just another minute."

I heard the door click shut, and I was alone once more with him.

I stood up, kissing his forward, my lips lingering on his skin. When I pulled away, a few of my tears had fallen onto his skin, and I gave a weak smile. "Thank you for letting me love you, Jung Hoseok."

I took him in once more before waving to the nurse outside, who brought a doctor with her, along with Jungkook and Taehyung.

The three of us stood out of the way as we watched them start unhooking the wires. The doctor had already briefed us, but I know it won't do any good once they disconnect the breathing tube.

They only had the breathing tube left at this point. It was the only thing keeping Hoseok alive. I was no longer crying. I no longer even felt alive. I felt like a ghost who was overlooking the scene in front of me. Taehyung and Jungkook were also silent. Tears no longer making their way out of our tear ducts.

"Okay, remember, it may take a few minutes once we take out the breathing tube, or it may take a few seconds. We will stop the beeping once his heart stops, and we will give you some time with him. Okay?"

We all stood there in complete stillness. The nurse sighed and bent over his body to remove the tape from the breathing tube. She started to pull it out of his mouth and throat, my breath stopping in that moment.

"Wait!" A voice shouted in the doorway. A familiar voice. I turned my head and saw Jimin, breathing heavily in the doorway. "I change my mind! Let me donate."

•••••

Does this make up for it at all?

💜💜💜