CHAPTER 10

Sabre couldn't move. His instincts told him to stay as quiet as a mouse. He found himself internally screaming, desperately wishing he hadn't come to spy on them in the first place. Curiosity kills the chicken... he cursed under his breath, as Athena began to slowly pad towards the bush he was hiding behind. Sabre felt cornered. If he move, the loner and Prism Steve will definitely hear rustles from his hiding place, and he will be caught red-winged. He adjusted his crouching position as low as he possibly could, hoping Athena would just leer from above and miss the 'unnecessary details' below.

     'I swear I saw him...' she looked around.

     'Saw who?' Prism Steve joined her.

     'A withered skeleton—'

     Before he knew it, an iron sword was flung out from a tree nearby, Prism Steve dodged the attack just as the blade hit the ground. There were polished roots intertwining each other, forming the handle; the hilt was the most absurdly fascinating part, which the root wood was carved into a skull shape, and two redstone shards are fastened into the eye sockets as a thick scarlet ribbon was tied to the end of the skull. Gazing at the hilt, Sabre hadn't seen such exotic craftsmanship for a sword. But the look on Athena and Prism Steve's faces already told him they recognised the owner immediately.

     A figure leaped down from the trees for confrontation. He had a black cape and a full set of armour coated with a darker shade of silver. Out behind him spread a pair of jet black wings.

     'Greetings, General Seccare... quite the Angel of Death, I suppose...' Athena drew her swords before her, 'But I must say you need a better training in your masking.'

     Seccare laughed. 'I do not need of masking myself, little one. For what is told is heard.'

     'You—' Prism Steve silenced her with a nudge on her shoulder before she could finish her sentence.

     The skeleton looked at Athena mockingly. 'What? So you admitted it, didn't you? That you have sided with that idiotic Steve anyway. I see how it is... well you won't receive any apologies from me!' Using his force, he pulled his sword towards him with his powers and caught the handle. He dashed to Athena and immediately attempted to strike. Fortunately, Athena blocked his attack by encountering it with one of her swords. Prism Steve tried to ram into him from behind and pin him onto the ground, only to be caught on the wrist and flung to a tree stump. 'Argh!' Grunted the Steve.

     'Prism Steve!' Athena yelled, turning her head forward from time to time just in case Saccare unleashed another hit.

     Sabre watched the duel in the distance. He pleaded Prism Steve to stand up. And to his relief, he did, Whatever they had done, there must be a reason. And whoever they're facing now was the true problem.

     'I do suppose you have a friend,' he snarled at her, who was starting to tire from countering. 'Sabre, am I right?'

     Sabre froze at the words. When did I become so popular? He joked to himself, but didn't find an urge to laugh. He found Prism Steve and Athena's expression remained calm and exceptionally fierce.

     'You spied on us the whole time!' The beige-pelt Steve cried out after getting back up his feet, only to be answered by Seccare's malicious snicker.

     'I had really thought you would had seen me when my horde invaded. But I had overestimated your sense of familiarity to surroundings.' Seccare's eyes emitted an umber red light as the undead mobs began to appear from the General's summoning, emerging from the ground as they began to move towards them.

Oof! That roast hurts! Sabre clutched the twigs of the bushes firmly, well aware of the chaos thrashing in front of him. He believed he showed no humour towards Seccare's savagery. Still not wanting to reveal himself, Sabre could only watch the battle in the distance in silence. Two v one, you can do it, Athena and Prism Steve!