Chapter 1

The crisp, cool air of the room bit at my nose, quickly awakening me from my coma-like state. I was confused as how I could have been able to sleep on such are cold hard floor. My arms had been covered in goosebumps. The ground around me was covered in glyphs and Latin writing. I quickly moved my back into an upright position and pushed my hands against the ground. I felt small rocks push against my palm. I couldn't see more than 5 feet from my face.  I pushed my weight onto my legs and jumped into a standing position. I was still unable to see far. Without any sense of direction, I started mindlessly walking in the direction I was already facing. Within 5 steps I was  no longer walking on glyphs. 5 more, and I couldn't see the glyphs. I was completely devoid of direction. My stomach churned. I had never experienced such a feel of dread and sadness. I kept walking for what seemed like days. Once I was malnourished to the point of immobility, I collapsed on the ground. I kept pulling myself forward as my speed slowly fell. I kept moving slower and slower. Once I couldn't even move my jaw, I sat. Drool dripping down my chin onto the mysterious black, cold floor. I had failed. I closed my eyes knowing after days of endless walking in an empty black realm I had fallen to the floor in exhaustion.