Chapter Six: The Daily Goals

"I think I may have over did it with Cana last night, " Bacchus says as we walk to the gym

"Really you, Bacchus, overdoing it, I would have never guessed, " I say in a sarcastic tone and cover my mouth acting shocked. 😱

"Yeah Yeah whatever, " Bacchus says causing me to laugh.

But our conversation was interrupted by the screeching of the old water pipes in our school. We both stopped and looked at the pipe above us.

We both gave each other a confused look but continued to walk to the gym.
All of the sudden we heard a huge explosion, the ground started to shake, and dust fell from the ceiling.

The hot water pipe burst and sprayed my face and Bacchus' arm. We both let out a scream in agony as the water burned us.

We quickly ran out of that hallway only to find out that the school was on fire. We quickly ran to a set of doors that a lot of students were already trying to get out of but before we made it a part of the ceiling that was on fire fell in front of us, fire spreading all directions quickly, burning people that were in the back. Bacchus and I quickly turned around and ran the opposite direction, only to get stopped once again by fire. We ran down a random hallway that just happened to have fire rushing towards us.

I quickly ran through the classroom jumping over a couple of desks and out the window.

"We did it, Bacchus, " I say only to get no response.

"Bacchus, " I ask turning around to see no one.

"BACCHUS, " my eyes widened as I scream, then another explosion goes off, and fire blasts out of the window I had just escaped from.

I shot up from my bed letting out a gasp, with beads of sweat rolling down my skin and tears escaping my eyes. I look over at my clock only to reveal that it was three in the morning. Knowing that I would not be able to go back to sleep I got up and walked to my bathroom to take a shower.

I let the cool water hit and roll down my back rinsing down all my worries. After my relaxing shower, I got changed into my school clothes, I looked at my reflection in the mirror, immediately my eyes were drawn to the burn covering my face. I quickly shook my head and headed to my kitchen where I made myself a stack of waffles.

After eating my waffles I brushed my teeth and left my hair to dry naturally. Then grabbed my school bag walking outside and locking the door to my small house behind me. Making my way to school.

On my walk to school, I passed a house that three people were leaving from, I recognized the three from school, I believe they were known as the Strauss siblings.

As they waited for their older sister a girl with short white hair, gave me a small wave and a small beautiful smile that could only be topped by an actual angel. I returned a small wave and my best smile.

I continued walking to school with a little pep in my step. Once I got to the cafeteria I stood with Cobra waiting for the others to show.

"What's got you all in a cheerful mood, " He asks me in a questioning tone

"Oh, nothing, " I say with a smile

"Okay, " he says hesitantly

Then Lucy and Juvia walk into the cafeteria. I give them smile and a small wave. They wave back hesitantly giving me a questioning look then laugh. I do the same thing to Jellal and Gajeel when they came into the cafeteria.

"What's with you, " Jellal asks laughing a little at the end

"That's what I've been wondering too, " Cobra tells him causing the others to laugh

I tune out and direct my attention to the girl with short white hair, who also had been looking at me. She gave me another beautiful smile, and I returned her my best smile.

I made it my goal for today to get to know her, every day since the fire I have given myself a goal to take my mind off of the fire and the loss of Bacchus and my other friends. It's how I cope with everything that has happened.

The bell rang for us to leave to put our stuff up in our lockers. I headed to my locker and prepared myself for my first chance to interact with her.

Of course, things don't want to go my way, because when I was distracted preparing myself I had collided with a door that was opening in front of me. I heard an angelic giggle and realized it had come from my goal.

"Are you okay, " she says with a small laugh after walking up to me and held her hand out for me to grab

I don't know if it was because I had just hit my head or that she was standing at the right angle and the sun was hitting her just right, but she looked like the most beautiful thing I had ever seen to walk on the earth.

"Y-Yeah I'm f-fine, " I stutter out feeling my cheeks heat up. I grab her small hand, and as if it was fate trying to tell us something we feel a static shock as our hand's touch.

I see her cheeks starting to have a pink tint added to them. I smile and walk with her to our lockers that were next to each other.

"I made it my goal for today to get to know you, but so far things haven't really gone to plan, " I tell her while scratching the back of my head and let out a small chuckle.

"Well, my name is Lisanna, now you're back on track but since I gave you my name you have to give me yours, " she says with a small smirk.

"Bickslow, " I reply with a small blush.

"Well, Bickslow, if you don't hurry you'll be late to class, " she whispers while leaning up to my ear then quickly walks away.

"What, " I say to myself only to realize that I was the only one left in the hallway I quickly turn to her to see her walking away.

"Bye Bickslow, " she says with a smile plastered on her face and waves, then quickly runs off to her homeroom.
--------------------------------------------
Hi everyone I hope you enjoyed Chapter Six: The Daily Goals. The next Chapter will be more development in characters and the bonds.

Also, be sure and check out my announcements on my account I do post important stuff most of the time.

Until next time, Bye

Word Count: 1142