Chapter 1

"There....is no light....here...." A deep voice said. I looked around and saw nothing. Just an empty and dark corridor. I began walking around and looking for a light source of any kind. "Who's there?" I asked. I kept walking as the whispers began to grow louder and louder. I held my head. The noises soon becoming painful. I fell to the ground and started crying out in pain. It was nearly unbearable. I try to make out words but it's hard to. My head throbbing and things becoming harder and harder to comprehend. I soon cry out and send a small shockwave both in my vision and in the real world. I snap out of my meditation to see Ikora standing over me. "Parrish. Are you ok?" She asked. I looked around. Out of breath and with a small headache. Alex appeared and floated over to me. "I'm ok...I think." I said. Ikora helped me up and I sat on my bed. Catching my breath and waiting for the pain to subside. Ikora sat next to me after she blew out all of the candles and cut on the lights. "You saw something this time?" She asked. I shook my head. "No. Still whispers. I can't make much of them but they were louder. All I heard was...there is no light here." I said to her. She shook her head and stood up.
          "What was that shockwave you sent out before you woke up?" Alex asked me. I looked at my hands and just sighed. "I'm not so sure what that was. Ikora do you know?" I asked. She looked at me. "There is potential in you Guardian. It may become useful if you can tap into it. Rest up." She said. I smiled a bit as she made her leave and Alex floated over to me. "So. What's next? Want me to call Mara and see what she's up to? I'm sure she'd want to see her king. Or husband? I'm not sure what you two are anymore." He asked. I laughed a little bit and grabbed my phone. Before I could even make the call, I was interrupted by a knock on the door. I went over and saw Cayde-6 standing there. "Cayde? What are you doing here?" I asked. "So I would normally ask for people to come with me to grab some food but the Vanguard is in need of your presence. We've picked up something interesting that is in need of your attention."
          "So no Ramen Shop?"
          "No. No Ramen Shop."
          "Are you sure?"
          "Ah, why not. But we gotta make it quick. I don't want Zavala yelling at me."
          "It's on me then. Let's get moving." I said. I grabbed my things and we went to the Ramen Shop in the city. Ate a bowl or two of ramen and then went to the tower again to have a meeting with the Vanguard. "Alright I brought him. Can I sit down now?" Cayde said. I laughed as I walked over to greet everyone. "Cayde, I smell ramen on you." Ikora pointed out. Cayde mumbled under his breath and I laughed a little bit. Zavala came over to the table. "I'm sorry to pull you away so suddenly. But we have an emergency to deal with. There is a Cabal distress signal coming from their fleet base on Phobos. We have no reason to trust it. But this is completely abnormal of the Cabal." Zavala said. "But if the Cabal are sending a distress, couldn't it be to ask for reinforcements from their own fleet?" I asked. "If That were the case, then it would be on a closed signal line that we wouldn't have access to. Anyone with a radio could pick up this signal. This isn't a trap tactic. This could be legit. But before we can get more Guardians out there, we need to confirm it. That's where you come in."
          "So much for date night. When do I leave?"
          "As soon as possible. We're keeping this operation under the radar until we know more. So you'll be going in solo."
          "Alright then. This shouldn't be too hard. I'll go and check it out and whatever info I gain, I'll tell you."
          "Good luck out there Guardian. And be careful. We still have no idea what we're walking into."
I waved them all goodby and went over to my ship. Lucky enough I keep a basic arsenal inside so I don't hav to make the trip back to my room every time. Alex was nearby and firing up the ship. "What lovely weapons do we have today?" I asked him. He floated over to the small weapon case and showed me the arcenal for the day. Fatebringer hand cannon, a 1000 Yard Stare siper rifle, and a lovely heavy machine gun called Corrective Measure. "Nice pick. Using the weapons from the Vault of Glass more than anything. Any modifications?" I asked Alex as I put the Fatebringer on my hip. "Yep. I took the liberty of using the latest in weapon parts to pump out as much damage as possible compared to the weapons that are in rotation today. So your old reliables are still just as good as they were before." Alex said. I gave a smile and loaed everything and in moments we were out of earths atmosphere to head out to Phobos. I decided to make a quick phone call to Mara to see if I would get anything but no answer. "Shes probably busy doing queen things." I said to myself. I pulled my ship out of slipstream and soon arrived on Phobos to see a base on fire. It's as if the Cabal are losing a major battle which is abnormal for them as well. I continued to look for a landing spot nearby and soon arrived at it. Dropping down from the ship and my Obsidian Mind appeared on my head. "So much for an oxygen rich environment." I said to myself. Alex turned on a light and began walking around to see what he could find in terms of a oathway and soon we were greeted by a Cabal dropship flying right in front of us. I had my reapons at the ready but they ended up ignoring us and leaving immediately.
"Something isn't right at all about this. Alex, get Zavala on the line." I said to him. I continued forward to see the base further down a hill. All of the Cabal had died fighting whatever was invading them and the gates were blown open. "This is Zavala. Are you there Guardian?"
"I read you loud and clear Commander. What's going on here? Are you seeing this?"
"Your Ghost is giving me feedback as we speak. Also, Eris is here to assist with this over coms. She claims to know something about what's happening. Keep venturing forward into the base and standby for further orders. If you see anything, don't hsitate to shoot. We have no clue what to expect here." He said. I had my hand cannon at the ready as I walked inside the compound. Looking around to see corpses and destroyed walls but soon I came across my first live Cabal soldier. I jumped and went to fire but suddenly a gatewayopened up and snatched the Cabal from where he stood and then closed. "What the hell was that?" Zavala asked. He took the words right out of my mouth. I continued forward and my head started to hurt again. Eris soon chimed in. "Guardian...you are in great danger...I'm beginning to hear voices...and I assume you are too Guardian." She said. I sighed and began to listen. My attachment to the Void was probably the reason why I could hear these different incantations and having weird visions. "At least I know i'm not the only one going crazy." I said. I looked around and saw a small opening in the floor. Another gateway. "What the..."
I reached towards it as my hand began to get disoriented to my vision. I immediately pulled it back and walked forther down a hallway. The voices becoming louder and louder. I put my gun away and held my helmet in an attempt to try and comfort my head. "Eris...you HAVE to be hurting with all these whispers." I said to her. "I am used to hearing these voices Guardian. But you are suffering from a small side effect of the darkness. But I hear something..."
"What is it?"
"A word...a name..."
Once I walked into a small open room, I fell to a knee as the pain became so intense and the sounds nearly overwhelming. Suddenly things became quiet. THe pain ceased and my head cleared. "MOVE PARRISH!!" Alex shouted. I looked up to see a ghost like figure materialize in front of me with a massive sword falling towards me. I quickly dodged and grabbed my weapon to stand up and look at the being in front of me. The same one from my visions, the one who had been haunting my dreams for a few weeks now. The voices came from it.

"HE is here!!"