Chapter Thirteen

•••

•••

Autumn woke up the next morning knowing that it was her last day in the Capital. It was also the night of interviews. Which meant the entire day would be spent preparing for them.

Autumn was woken up by an Avox that morning. Autumn was given simple clothes to wear before she went out to breakfast.

Autumn and Tyson asked Finnick what to expect from the interviews. He simply told them to be charming and make the crowd love them. That was easy for him to say. He was loved by every Capital citizen.

Mags was back and at breakfast. Again, she didn't say anything loudly but Autumn was glad to have her presence. It was calming.

After breakfast, Tyson and Autumn were taken down to be clean again as they had the night they arrived.

It didn't take as long as it had a few days ago, because now they just had to shave her again and rinse her. They had no need to do her nails as the stylists had already done that a while ago.

Autumn was happy to see her stylist again and he had not been around in a while. Autumn wasn't very close to Everlee, but he was kind and she liked the fact that he didn't look that much like other Capital citizens.

She was put in a bigger room this time. The carpet was red and there was a large mirror in the corner of the room. There were also couches around the room, one of which Autumn sat in.

The door clicked open and Everlee walked in. Autumn walked up to him and hugged her stylist. Everlee hugged back, gladly.

From the moment he saw her Reaping, Everlee had been fond of Autumn. He knew she had volunteered to save Annie. It was clear she didn't volunteer to win. Everlee knew Autumn was strong and he wanted to show that, but he also needed to make her look even more beautiful that she already was.

"Are you ready for this, dear?" Everlee asked her. Autumn took in a sharp breath and nodded. "Then let's begin."

•••

Autumn was put in a white dress that she thought was a strange choice of an outfit. Normally the dresses were very glitz and glamor, but this dress was very simple.

It was long sleeved and reached the floor. The only decorated part of the dress was the many crystals on the chest. The bodice was not very tight, but tight enough that you could see Autumn's curves.

Although Autumn was glad that the dress was simple once she was seated in the make up chair. Tow stylists worked on her face while another two did her hair.

When she was done, her hair was sleek and shiny with a slight wave. Her eyeshadow was smoky with a white sparkle eyeshadow in the corner of each eye. Her lipstick was a dark red and eyeliner was around the top of her eyes. She was already naturally beautiful, but her beauty was no enhanced with the dark lipstick and her bright eyes.

When Autumn walked out of the makeup room, she found Finnick helping Tyson adjust his tie. Finnick stopped, however, when Autumn came walking towards him  and Tyson. His mouth parted as he stared at Autumn in awe.

"You look breathtaking," he told her. She smiled at him, softly.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Autumn smirked at him as she looked Finnick up and down. He was wearing a nice, gray shirt with a maroon tie and a white undershirt.

"What about me?" Tyson asked, nervous.

"You look very handsome, too," Autumn smiled at the boy, fixing his tie as Finnick had not finished. "You'll have all the girls back in District Four lining up." Tyson smiled, sheepishly at Autumn's comment. Although Tyson did truly look handsome. He was wearing a navy suit with a matching tie and a white shirt. The color reminded Autumn of the deep ocean.

"We're on in ten," a coordinator told Autumn and Tyson.

Amethyst and Mags walked up to the small group. Amethyst smiled at Autumn and Tyson, hugging each of them.

"You both look wonderful," she nodded, approving of their outfits and Autumn's makeup. "Now go out there and show them who you two really are."

"Remember," Finnick looked at Tyson. "Fearless. You are fearless. And Autumn-" Finnick turned his attention to her. "You are funny and you are beautiful. Use that to your advantage. Good luck."