"He is not a solder":

When you finally opened your eyes you sat up quickly. Ecantador was nibbling at your foot in the stirrup worriedly. You patted his neck.

"I'm alright, I'm alright." You said absentmindedly as you looked around at where you were. You remembered what had happened before you passed out. As you recalled the previous night's long ride your legs ached.

Caspian!

You remembered leaving him with a bashed head laying on the ground just about where you were now. But he was nowhere to be seen. You dismounted Ecantador and groaned as a dull pain shot through your legs. You started to look around for clues as to where Caspian had gone and your horse followed.

Just then, you heard a voice come from somewhere behind a large tree in front of you. You looked closer. No. The voice was coming from inside the tree. You bent down to find a short door about four feet tall. Through a crack in the door you saw a warm light and two short figures. Looking closer you saw that one was another dwarf and the other was...Wait, is that a badger?

You hide between the roots of the tree and the slightly open door.

 "We can't let him go, He's seen us!" The dwarf half-whispers to the badger

"That's enough Nickabrick! Or do I have to sit on your head again? And you! Look what you make me do! I spend half a morning on that soup." You saw a taller shadow stand in the firelight.

"What are you?" Caspian's voice reassures you. He's safe.

"Hmph, you know, it's funny, that you would ask that. You think more people would know a badger when they saw one."

"No, no, I mean, you're Narnians. You're supposed to be extinct." You mentally put your face in your hands. The dumbass. Did he not listen to anything you and your uncle taught him?

"Oh, sorry to disappoint you." The gruff voice answers.

"There you go, still hot."

"Since when did we open a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?"

You step in. "He's not a soldier."

"I am Prince Caspian. The tenth." He stands, somewhat proud. You could tell he was scared and confused. You smile at him and run over to check his head. The Narnians had bandaged it nicely, it looked like it was healing alright.

"What are you doing here?" The badger asks. You turn away from Caspian to face the small creature.

"Running away." He looks ashamed. You put your hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"His uncle has always wanted his throne." You explain.

"I suppose I have only lived this long because he did not have an heir of his own." He looks into the fire. Oh, what's going through his head?

"Well, that changes things." It seems like the badger understands.

"Yeah, it means we don't have to kill you ourselves." You are about ready to off this dwarf. But you calm yourself, talking yourself into understanding his frustration at the Telmarine's occupation of Narnian lands.

"You're right." Caspian answers, picking up his armor and sword and putting them on. Heading for the door he nods, asking you to follow.

"Where are you going?" The badger asks.

"My uncle won't stop until I am dead." He looks out the door.

"But, you can't leave. You're meant to save us." The badger turns and pulls out a beautiful white carved horn that looks incredibly familiar.

Caspian looks confused. You remember hearing a horn last night. Caspian blew the horn.

"Don't you know what this is?" You say

"Don't you know what this is?" You say. Marveling at the beautiful horn, you lifted it to show Caspian. You had never gotten to see it in person. The professor always kept it hidden away. As he looks at it he remembers his lessons.

The Kings and Queens of the Legendary Golden Age would come to his aid.